Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
drifting
1170 9 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mactormod0
First Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

so how meny inspire 2 pilots are still waiting to fix all the bugs which came along with the last update?
drifting at the moment has gone to the top of my list, it is impossible to hold still , i was asked by director to get a shot of a person walking out a door,
you think easy enough....... after 45mins he called it s**t and used a jib instead (which took another 45mins to set up). the insipe will not hold still at any height,
yes i know what is coming next.
1 sorry for late reply
2 did you cal compass
3 imu
4 latest firmware
5 can you send footage
6 we will talk to eng
7 we thank you for your custom
etc,etc,etc
heard all this C**P before its now been over 6 months oe putting up with the same old smae old.
can you DJI just fix the damn thing
2019-2-14
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Ive the same problem, extraordinarily annoying

Sent the drone back to the DJI repair center a few weeks ago for a service and told them to be sure and fix the "dancing" that the drone does when its supposed to be hovering stationary.
they serviced it, replaced some parts, flight tested it and sent it back

Its still doing the very same thing, even tho they fixed most of the other issues.

So that means its either one of two things.
1) a design flaw
2) a software problem

and im inclined to believe that its a software issue.
my inspire 1 did not have this problem, and the difference ive noticed between them was the inspire 1 was much happier to lean into the wind to keep itself in the right place, the inspire 2 always wants to stay upright and id suspect that its causing it to wobble alot as a result, even in very calm breezes.

it really, *really* needs to be fixed.
2019-2-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
Second Officer
France

Same issue.
Same answers.......

1 sorry for late reply
2 did you cal compass
3 imu
4 latest firmware
5 can you send footage
6 we will talk to eng
7 we thank you for your custom
2019-2-14
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, unfortunately the Inspire 2 is not able to hold position due to poor design and questionable software fixes.
There is no point in trying to use the inspire 2 for such shoots or professional shoots for that matter since it isnt very reliable at all.
It can't even keep the camera still when on the ground (slowly drifts around).

The best you could do is to attach the inspire 2 to a jib and use it as a 3 axis stabilised camera... on a stick.
That way you can be sure that it will hold position. It is a better camera than it is a drone
2019-2-14
Use props
HyperSpectral
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Mike9129 Posted at 2-14 03:05
Ive the same problem, extraordinarily annoying

Sent the drone back to the DJI repair center a few weeks ago for a service and told them to be sure and fix the "dancing" that the drone does when its supposed to be hovering stationary.

Just out of curiosity, what problems did they fix?

It'd be nice to know what they are competent enough to fix when you send it in and what they can't fix.

Like I tell most people, the I2 is dead for professional use. A class action suit is the only way to get your money back
2019-2-14
Use props
gersphoto.orange
Second Officer
France

"A class action suit is the only way to get your money back"

Should be the best solution to fix the problem
2019-2-14
Use props
mactormod0
First Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

must be another holiday/long weekend at DJI or all that we are saying is falling on deaf ears.
DJI dont you care any more about your customers are you run by the dollar signs in front of your eyes,
you are now in my eyes one of the worst companies in the world,
not only does my Inspire 2 not work the way you(DJI) said it would it is not safe to fly, dont you care about the
heath and safety of the people of this world, and how many people have spent there hard earned cash buying
your equipment, people are trying to make a living and you are not helping by selling them the dream that your
stuff works ,well it does not..................... how do you sleep at night?
I was stupid enough to buy a Ronin-S, guess what ...........ah mindy,have you done this ,have you done that send video......
looking at the ronin forums its the same issue with ronin and inspire. DRIFTING,
There is a happy ending to one part of this tale of woe i now have a gimble that works, its is unreal its works straight out of the box
and its called ..................................MOZA AIR 2 , the best bit of kit i have bought in ages,
just need a good drone next.
2019-2-15
Use props
fans41f3800c
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn’t let DJI build my dogs house. They suck
2019-2-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Wow with all these problems, Im guessing i should hold off then on buying one? Interesting.
2019-2-15
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

HyperSpectral Posted at 2-14 05:17
Just out of curiosity, what problems did they fix?

It'd be nice to know what they are competent enough to fix when you send it in and what they can't fix.

No problem

The problem it went in for was a small crack was after appearing on one of the plastic legs where it joined onto the carbon fiber arms, so technically the motor could have caused it to crack and the whole thing would have gone down.

so they ended up replacing the motor as well as the center "screw" in the body for raising and lowering the arms because that had managed to loosen (or wear down, im not sure) so there was play in it.

and to be fair to them, they fixed and repaired all of that to first-day standard.

I also told them to look at the motor alignment to see if it would help with the way the drone held position. and they must've done something when they had to replace one of the motors to make sure it was still flying right.

but of course it didnt fix the dancing/drifting problem.

and seeing as they had to repair it to spec, it must either be a manufacturing fault (as it was repaired to their standards) or a software problem. I think it might be the latter. just from the way the drone holds itself against a breeze vs what the inspire 1 did and what you have to do if you put it into atti mode, then youll see how far over it should be tilting to retain position against a breeze.

instead, it insists on staying nearly properly upright at all times, and I think that might have a lot to do with it.
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules