fps rule and shutter speed
1004 3 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans471029d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85449 ft
United Kingdom

This is a general question regarding fps and shutter speed on the Osmo Pocket.

I have been trying to follow the rule of shutter speed being double the fps of video ie fps 60fps and shutter being 1/120th

If i shoot at 60fps and in my editing program (premier) export at 30fps will my shutter speed still conform to show that natural motion blur.

2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our forum member would share some clarification who are using the same third-party editing software. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-14
Use props
Jonah Lee
lvl.1
United States

Well shooting at 60 fps will have less motion blur than shooting at 30 fps. So while it will export fibe, it won’t have the same motion blur as if it was shot at 30 fps.
2019-2-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

In a typical film camera the mechanical shutter is open 1/2 the time. When it is closed the film is advancing. It doesn't matter if you are shooting at 60fps because when you downsample it to a slower shutter speed you would presumably do that with frame blending enabled - that is, you are getting blend of two frames (double the motion blur) for every one in the new FPS. If you are just dropping every other frame then, yes, you will have half the motion blur per frame.. If you are using Premeire Pro, it stands to reason that you might have After Effects too. If so, I recommend you forego the ND filters and add the motion blur in post where you have absolute control over it and you have captured each frame as sharply as possible.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules