Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI and GPS on April the 6th
1418 5 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

According to the article below, GPS-equipped devices may experience problems on Aprith the 6th:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/so ... n-or-after-april-6/

''April sees the GPS network go through a mini "millennium bug" of its own  because the week number will roll back to a zero. While this is a known  issue arising from the way the system works, it's recommended that  those in charge of critical infrastructure which make use of GPS, along  with other businesses and users who believe a malfunction would result  in problems, to prepare for the event.''

I take it Mavic Pro and other DJI devices are ready for this?

2019-2-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

let's hope they are ready.
2019-2-14
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
Germany

I assume flying in atti mode wouldn't be an issue?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. Please be careful about flying your drone to avoid the incident. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-14
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Doc Ozzy Posted at 2-14 06:40
I assume flying in atti mode wouldn't be an issue?

The problem would not be an ATTI mode, but the drone getting valid GPS coordinates, that tell it that it deviated from the course by, say, 1000km. That can lead to a fly-away...

I hope DJI would come with a more specific assuarance that their drones have this switch covered.
2019-2-15
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2-15 06:10
The problem would not be an ATTI mode, but the drone getting valid GPS coordinates, that tell it that it deviated from the course by, say, 1000km. That can lead to a fly-away...

I hope DJI would come with a more specific assuarance that their drones have this switch covered.

I didn't realize that. Thank you for the clarification.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules