Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone falls out of sky...HELP!
1318 17 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey Folks,
I was out flying my Mavic Air yesterday. Drone was hovering in place at around 20ft when all of a sudden it flipped over, spun around and fell out of the sky.

Luckily it crashed onto fairly long grass so impact wasn't too hard. Once on the floor the motors did not stop and i could not turn it off. (had to remove battery)
All of this happened in roughly 5 seconds so i didn't even have time to react.

I have the flight log but can't post a URL link on the forum?
A huge ammount of IMU errors came on screen and can be seen on the log at around 9m25s.

Does anyone know what could have caused this?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that we would suggest reaching out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you and what you'll need to do, and have a data analysis to find out what could be the main problem. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support Thank you for your support.
2019-2-14
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 10:05
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that we would suggest reaching out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you and what you'll need to do, and have a data analysis to find out what could be the main problem. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support Thank you for your support.

Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I contacted support as soon as i got home. I have been advised to send it in for analysis which i will be doing tomorrow.
Thanks again.
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mavicair22019 Posted at 2-14 10:20
Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I contacted support as soon as i got home. I have been advised to send it in for analysis which i will be doing tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Ok, perfect! nice to hear to that. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Best Regards. Thanks!
2019-2-14
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Flipping over and spinning uncontrollably sounds like one of the four lifting points on the drone failled.  A damaged propeller fail?  Damaged from a previous crash?  A ESC fail and cause a motor to stop?  A motor jam?  Or in your case, the ESC fail and lock one motor on full speed?
2019-2-14
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 2-14 10:30
Flipping over and spinning uncontrollably sounds like one of the four lifting points on the drone failled.  A damaged propeller fail?  Damaged from a previous crash?  A ESC fail and cause a motor to stop?  A motor jam?  Or in your case, the ESC fail and lock one motor on full speed?

Can't imagine it was a damaged prop as this was only my second flight, talk about unlucky.
2019-2-14
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

I agree with Gunship9, an ESC or motor failure. Please let us know when you hear back from DJI.
2019-2-14
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

J AV10 Posted at 2-14 12:09
I agree with Gunship9, an ESC or motor failure. Please let us know when you hear back from DJI.

Will do! Sent it off today, so hopefully won't be too long.
2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223776 ft
United Kingdom

oh no thats terrible
2019-2-15
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2113606 ft
Romania

Do they say what was the problem?
2019-2-25
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

J AV10 Posted at 2-14 12:09

My drone has been repaired, free of charge and the outcome was - Remark: WARRANTY: No crash damage. No liquid damage. Gimbal axis arm module defect. Core board defect.
2019-2-25
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

twilight Posted at 2-25 04:35
Do they say what was the problem?

Remark: WARRANTY: No crash damage. No liquid damage. Gimbal axis arm module defect. Core board defect.
2019-2-25
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Mavicair22019 Posted at 2-25 07:54
Remark: WARRANTY: No crash damage. No liquid damage. Gimbal axis arm module defect. Core board defect.

Yep, looks like genuinely bad device...
2019-2-25
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

My drone has been repaired, free of charge and the outcome was - Remark: WARRANTY: No crash damage. No liquid damage. Gimbal axis arm module defect. Core board defect.

Definitely a bad device, good for DJI for doing repairs under warranty.
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, although some complain about dji support and service, from what I see around here, dji support and service works pretty well.
Good luck and hope your back flying soon .
2019-2-25
Use props
Mavicair22019
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 13:40
Good job, although some complain about dji support and service, from what I see around here, dji support and service works pretty well.
Good luck and hope your back flying soon .

Yeah, i can't fault them. Good communication and i had my drone back in the space of a week.
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavicair22019 Posted at 3-3 05:18
Yeah, i can't fault them. Good communication and i had my drone back in the space of a week.

Good luck and enjoy .
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavicair22019 Posted at 3-3 05:18

Good to hear among all the bad press DJI get. Only had to contact them once and they were top notch. Sent me the spares I needed with extra bits just in case. Happy flying again...
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules