Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My OP keeps switching to .MOV of it's own Accord!
3399 38 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Baxter

United Kingdom

My OP often switches from .MP4 to .MOV of it's own accord.  If I'm on a walkabout with just the OP, I have no way of knowing until I return home.

I DO NOT want .MOV footage as my editing program stutters with .MOV but is fine with MP4.

I can't find anything on the OP to check which format is selected. (unless I'm missing something of course).   

Any suggestions please ?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry about the trouble. With regards to the concern of changing the Video format by itself. May I ask does it happen when you restarted the Osmo Pocket? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-2-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.4
United States

That would make me angry.
2019-2-14
Use props
John Baxter

United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 2-14 12:18
That would make me angry.

Hi Upscaleman

Yes I'm not amused by it.   As an example, I went out today.  I took about 30 clips.  the first two are MP4 and without me making any adjustments the remaining clips are all . MOV.    On the basis that there is no option on the OP to change format without a mobile attached, I am sure I couldn't have changed it.
I have the latest update installed and PRO mode was on.

The most frustrating thing is that if you are only using the OP there is no way of knowing if the format has changed (as far as I know)

I'm hoping one of the forum members has the answer...   
EDIT:

A bit more info.   I've just looked at the files from today.  In file number order -  I took two video clips that are .MP4.  I then switched to photo and took 3 images.  I then switched back to video and all the clips after that have changed to .MOV.        Even more confusing - I've just connected my mobile and the setting is still showing .MP4 !
2019-2-14
Use props
Jonah Lee
United States

Yes, I just had the problem. I was shooting a short film and had it set to UHD 29.97 mp4, and after shutting down and turning back on it reverted to 1080 29.97 and mov. I ruined an entire nights filming.This is really frustrating. It is not like I ran out of power, I just turned it off and back on.
2019-2-14
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.4
Austria

I confirm, this is a bug and needs to be fixed urgently!
2019-2-15
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.4
United States

damn....I better check mine
2019-2-15
Use props
John Baxter

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 11:47
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry about the trouble. With regards to the concern of changing the Video format by itself. May I ask does it happen when you restarted the Osmo Pocket? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Hi,  I had switched the OP off between shots.  It seemed the happen when I changed from Video to Photo and back to video again.    Today it worked with out problem - very strange.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Baxter Posted at 2-15 15:45
Hi,  I had switched the OP off between shots.  It seemed the happen when I changed from Video to Photo and back to video again.    Today it worked with out problem - very strange.

Ok, Nice to hear that. No worries, I already forward this phenomenon. We try it as well but it doesn't happen. It seems it just happened randomly right? Please keep us posted whenever you experience it again. Thanks!
2019-2-15
Use props
realstreetuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John Baxter Posted at 2-14 15:35
Hi Upscaleman

Yes I'm not amused by it.   As an example, I went out today.  I took about 30 clips.  the first two are MP4 and without me making any adjustments the remaining clips are all . MOV.    On the basis that there is no option on the OP to change format without a mobile attached, I am sure I couldn't have changed it.

This is exactly the same problems as i have noticed today when is used my op on its own?
This is since new firmware i guess?
2019-2-15
Use props
Shimmers
Flight distance : 20 ft
Malaysia

Yes, happened to me too. Even on different video modes : slowmo ,timelapse n normal videos recording. Am pretty sure my format sets as .mp4
2019-2-15
Use props
John Baxter

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 15:49
Ok, Nice to hear that. No worries, I already forward this phenomenon. We try it as well but it doesn't happen. It seems it just happened randomly right? Please keep us posted whenever you experience it again. Thanks!

I tried to replicate the problem yesterday and it worked fine.  I not sure what sequence is triggering the problem regarding video format changes.    However, I still have the problem of RAW images not being produced even though it shows the correct setting on my mobile.
2019-2-16
Use props
djiuser_9PyQIWUqN3R2
lvl.4
Canada

.MOV is just a container for a codec.  If you check the specs on what codec is recorded in the .MOV, and it's .MP4, you should be able to change the suffix to .MP4 and be fine.
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Baxter Posted at 2-16 04:51
I tried to replicate the problem yesterday and it worked fine.  I not sure what sequence is triggering the problem regarding video format changes.    However, I still have the problem of no RAW images being produded even though it shows the correct setting on my mobile.

Ok, for the raw (DNG)  file have you check on the SD card of the Osmo Pocket if there is?  you may check the file path on the SD card \DCIM\100MEDIA. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-2-18
Use props
John Baxter

United Kingdom

djiuser_9PyQIWUqN3R2 Posted at 2-16 06:36
.MOV is just a container for a codec.  If you check the specs on what codec is recorded in the .MOV, and it's .MP4, you should be able to change the suffix to .MP4 and be fine.

Thanks for the tip - it did the trick. I didn't know you could do that.
It also had the effect of the thumbnails appearing in File Explorer instead of just the icon.
2019-2-18
Use props
John Baxter

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-18 08:30
Ok, for the raw (DNG)  file have you check on the SD card of the Osmo Pocket if there is?  you may check the file path on the SD card \DCIM\100MEDIA. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

ok.  On the day that the OP changed the file format from .MP4 to .MOV there are no DNG files.  However, I have just tested and they are now appearing.  Very strange as I haven't changed anything.
2019-2-18
Use props
djiuser_9PyQIWUqN3R2
lvl.4
United States

John Baxter Posted at 2-18 10:17
Thanks for the tip - it did the trick. I didn't know you could do that.
It also had the effect of the thumbnails appearing in File Explorer instead of just the icon.

Happy that it worked out for you!

Edit:  oh and the thumbnail thing makes sense because .MOV is an Apple Quicktime file type and it is no longer supported on Windows.  So when you changed it to .MP4, Windows recognized the file format and created the thumbnail.

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

John Baxter Posted at 2-18 10:19
ok.  On the day that the OP changed the file format from .MP4 to .MOV there are no DNG files.  However, I have just tested and they are now appearing.  Very strange as I haven't changed anything.

Alright! Nice to hear that you were able to see it. However. Just keep us posted whenever you encounter such strange phenomena. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-18
Use props
webbedgiant
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-18 11:42
Alright! Nice to hear that you were able to see it. However. Just keep us posted whenever you encounter such strange phenomena. Thank you for your support.

Happening with mine as well on Galaxy Note 8, all of my settings were reset.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

webbedgiant Posted at 2-19 06:27
Happening with mine as well on Galaxy Note 8, all of my settings were reset.

I'm sorry to hear that, may I ask when does this happen? can you provide me more information about this? so I can clarify this to our developer and have us the feedback. Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props
webbedgiant
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-19 08:47
I'm sorry to hear that, may I ask when does this happen? can you provide me more information about this? so I can clarify this to our developer and have us the feedback. Thanks!

Happened this past weekend. Not sure of the details, just that I turned it on and .mov was applied instead of .mp4 as well as all the other settings being reset.
2019-2-19
Use props
fans8b7da522
Flight distance : 148596 ft
Netherlands

I also have this. The Osmo with the latest firmware from time to time resets. That means, .mov format, no pro settings (unless you set it again), full screen in video recording, etc. You have change all the settings again. Really annoying. I haven't found a root-cause but it started with the new firmware and a lot of other people have this too...
2019-2-20
Use props
Jonah Lee
United States

Yes mine keeps changing settings on it’s own after the latest firmware upgrade. And yes the full screen setting also changes. Weirdly i had never used 1080 mode that it switched to.
2019-2-20
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just thought I'd share - I lost pro settings and some others a few times at first but quickly attributed it to me removing the iPhone adaptor while the Pocket was still switched on. Now I only remove it when the Pocket is switched off and subsequently after turning the device off after shooting and on again for a further shoot it always behaves OK.

2019-2-22
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

it changes all settings to default from time to time... It seems random... Not connected to the phone or anything. Just randomly resets itself. Some settings are maintained.. Curiously today I still have the mp4 setting, but the resolution was changed to 1080 30fps not pro and I was in pro 4k 25fps. I switched it back to pro mode, but I forgot to check the cinelike and after all day recording,  I realize that I was recording in normal, and not cinelike... because of course it was also changed to normal when that happened. :/
2019-2-24
Use props
sdkikikins
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

I'm having the same issues.  Randomly, my OP will lose all of my custom settings so I have to start over from scratch.
2019-2-26
Use props
Nate_Game
lvl.1
United States

I noticed the same issues yesterday. I had my settings at 4k 24fps Super fine and everytime I would turn off my osmo pocket and turn it back on, it would switch to 1080 30fps. It happened 4 times yesterday. This is frustrating.
2019-2-26
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mine has been doing all the above since the last FW update. Not always, but when i turn it on and i see it boots twice,  i know that ill be back to 1080P, and a few other default settings, inc the on screen controller being set to on.
Definitely a bug and a work around is not good enough, DJI have broken some of our devices and should help us get it fixed rather than pretend its not an issue.
2019-2-26
Use props
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just returend from 4 days in Prague to discover all but 2 of my videos have shot in 1080p .mov! I checked my pocket and the settings say 4k .mp4. Frustrating to say the least, it's not as if I can go back and shoot those vids! What is going on DJI?!?!???!??!
2019-3-2
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.3

United States

Nate_Game Posted at 2-26 08:12
I noticed the same issues yesterday. I had my settings at 4k 24fps Super fine and everytime I would turn off my osmo pocket and turn it back on, it would switch to 1080 30fps. It happened 4 times yesterday. This is frustrating.

I experience the same this morning. Everything sets back to 1080 30p. However, this happens once in awhile. DJI, please provide firmware to update these bugs and others.
2019-3-2
Use props
HinMa
Hong Kong

MP4 for sure , fix it please !
2019-3-2
Use props
djiuser_XJV8aEAR7EjR
New

Portugal

I've been using the OP in Portugal for the last 8 days and have been having the same issues. I'll come home after a day of shooting and find that some of my files are .mov instead of the standard mp4. I've been shooting 4k60 and it seems when I either switch to photo or switch to time lapse, the settings will sometimes automatically change. However it isn't every time, just randomly.

Suggestion: update firmware to always show what format is being shot on the OP screen. Also, include a way to switch from .mov and .mp4 easily through the OP screen instead of having to plug into the phone. That should hopefully be a good bandaid until this issue is fixed through the back end.
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Resetting the camera makes video format into MOV.

And we solve the sometimes resetting issue in next firmware update and will make video default MP4.
2019-3-4
Use props
DarkHeart
lvl.1
United States

Same as everyone above!!! This MUST be fixed PLEASE! I called DJI and they said they've not heard of this issue so Im glad (but still super sad) that I'm not alone in the issue! Push this to the top of the list bc despite the Pocket's limitations here and there, it has become a very useful tool... but this bug is destruction. Thanks everyone!!
2019-3-4
Use props
tiim
United States

This is a serious issue. HALF my vacation footage is 1080P now.

I paid money for this thing, and I shouldn't have to babysit it.

The device switches MP4 4K 60 to MOV at 1080P after you do a slow-mo video, EVEN if you go back to Pro Mode 4k60

WTF DJI YOU AS#$%LES
2019-3-19
Use props
tiim
United States

tiim Posted at 3-19 08:30
This is a serious issue. HALF my vacation footage is 1080P now.

I paid money for this thing, and I shouldn't have to babysit it.

Update: So, it appears my video player was not recognizing some of the MOV files as 4K... So, I didn't lose "HALF" However, to be fair, a 20% chunk DID render as 1080P... Why it switched to 1080 or MOV is anyone's guess. Anyway, looks like some of my footage ended up being OK, just watch how your player handles it.
2019-3-19
Use props
jordier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

I reaffirm that I also have these problems of deconfiguration ... also in slow motion I have recorded at 24.98 frames when before I did it at 25 frames
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_CnWGhbUQSdiU
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 11:47

This is also happening to me. Yes, it happens when i turn the unit off and on again. It will also take itself out of pro mode.
2019-3-27
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My Last Post Update:
Switched on the other day and after booting up it re-booted and guess what? Settings all changed. So not caused by the adaptor then.
Only workaround is to check all settings before any filming - but that negates the instant use-ability of the product, one of the best selling points of this camera that just fits in your pocket and is ready for instant use.
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules