Did my brand new drone fly away?
1143 7 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrisonderstall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27133 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in shock, my 10 day old drone dramatically at full tilt flew away from in perfectly calm weather. I hit return to home and my beautiful drone continued to fly away. Any clues of what I did wrong in the logs? phantomhelp.com/logviewer/BYG58RPQ69AU7H9HS6X9/

Sadly, after days of searching and missing posters, I was unable to locate my drone .
2019-2-14
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry to say, but pilot error as you took off with zero sats.

And surprised the app even allowed you to fly so close to an international airport, unless a third party app being used.

2019-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just a couple of things , was it very windy , and what stick mode where you using ?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens on your drone. I would recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our support for further investigation about this incident. You may refer to the link below for your reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concern.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-14
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

DJI will not do anything without the Drone.
2019-2-14
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

Man I'm very sorry for your happening, common mistakes often happen to beginners, I've minor crushed my Mavic Air on the first week, since that I read very well the manual and then never had a problem so far.
Number one rule is to set up RTH altitude according to the location and always wait enough GPS signal to record RTH point before to take off, automation of DJI drones often save your life, but could be a double-edged sword if you don't know how to deal with that.
2019-2-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never ever take off unless the "home point is recorded" this means 2 things 1) you have enough satellite for gps hold 2) it will remember where to RTH.

Sorry for the costly mistake, live and learn and purchase another drone and read all manuals and it is a great hobby.
2019-2-14
Use props
Bulle
New

Denmark

So did mine. Exactly what happened to me. Must be a default in the drone. Hope the will send us a new one
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules