IPhone X -- not good with Osmo Mobile 2
2432 5 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kaiserboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60302 ft
United States

The image stabilization of the phone conflicts with the stabilization of the Osmo, and jerkiness can result (and does).  

You can't switch off the phone stabilization (called OIS), so there's nothing you can do about it short of putting a magnet on the back of your phone to lock the OIS mechanism into place (it has the sensor suspended on wires that dampen movement).  I don't wish to so crudely force my iPhone camera into rigidity.
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that actually, our developer already optimized to support the OIS you need to have the latest DJI GO v3.1.34. If ever you want to disable the OIS we have the temporary solution, which is using the Filmic Pro to disable it. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-14
Use props
Kaiserboy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 14:56
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that actually, our developer already optimized to support the OIS you need to have the latest DJI GO v3.1.34. If ever you want to disable the OIS we have the temporary solution, which is using the Filmic Pro to disable it. Thank you for your support.

Actually, Gamora, you are wrong.  There is no way to disable the mechanical OIS on the iPhone X.
Your software doesn't do it, Filmic Pro doesn't do it.

Buyers beware.  Not that this isn't a cool product, but it just doesn't work well at all with the mechanical OIS on the new phones.
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kaiserboy Posted at 2-14 15:32
Actually, Gamora, you are wrong.  There is no way to disable the mechanical OIS on the iPhone X.
Your software doesn't do it, Filmic Pro doesn't do it.
I understand that the mechanical/hardware OIS from the device cannot be turned off but software can optimize it. That's why our latest DJI Go app for the IOS has been optimized for the IOS compatibility. The Filmic Pro was one a recommendations to turn off the OIS of the phone. Feel free to let us know how it helps and we will make sure to coordinate this with our R&D.
2019-2-14
Use props
Kaiserboy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 16:47
I understand that the mechanical/hardware OIS from the device cannot be turned off but software can optimize it. That's why our latest DJI Go app for the IOS has been optimized for the IOS compatibility. The Filmic Pro was one a recommendations to turn off the OIS of the phone. Feel free to let us know how it helps and we will make sure to coordinate this with our R&D.

Actually, the Filmic Pro doesn't turn off the mechanical OIS, either.  I actually took my Mobile 2 back to the store and got an Osmo Pocket.  I think I tried the latest software and it didn't help much.

Filmic Pro turns of the software-based OIS, but that's not the problem.
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kaiserboy Posted at 2-14 17:09
Actually, the Filmic Pro doesn't turn off the mechanical OIS, either.  I actually took my Mobile 2 back to the store and got an Osmo Pocket.  I think I tried the latest software and it didn't help much.

Filmic Pro turns of the software-based OIS, but that's not the problem.

Yes, I agree that the Mechanical OIS cannot be turned off and Sorry to hear about the latest software didn't much help this is certainly not the experience we want for you. I will forward this concern to our developer for them to check as well. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you.
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules