1077 5 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyTone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 806532 ft
United States

These things suck!
I can see an image before take off, as soon as I take off I can't see anything. The video freezes. I fly away a bit and I can get video feed. I can fly slowly and get jittery video. I can't even do a 360 without getting distortion. I barely fly 10 feet away and get disconnected.
I've postioned my antennas correctly, I have updated and downgraded firmware.  Nothing works same symptoms. I get the error that there is strong electromagnetic interferrence is non-sense, there is nothing around me and flys just fine without the goggles. With the goggles the video feed just keeps dropping out. You can't fly like that. Returning.
2019-2-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you flying with these? I don't own the MA but curious to know.
2019-2-15
Use props
TonyTone
lvl.1
United States

I returned the first pair because they sucked and I was guessing something was wrong with them. I got my second pair and the same story. Sucks! I guess I can only fly in a open field with nobody around.
I'm trying to fly in my neighborhood and get lost connection from 30 ft away. It goes farther but cuts in and out so much I have to hover for a minute or so until it gets signal again for a few seconds. I just take the damn POS off and fly my drone line of sight without the goggles.
2019-2-22
Use props
TonyTone
lvl.1
United States

OK, OK, OK everyone !

I have these goggles figured out for those of you who may have the same issue.

What I have done is this:

Plug in phone to controller and sync with phone. Set to 5.8 Ghz, then turn everything off.
Turn everything back on and take off.
Turn on goggles and plug in while in the air and disconnect phone.

Flys good : )

So basically you are connecting your goggles to fly after you have taken off with your phone. I guess the phone sets the rules, then take over with the goggles.
2019-3-20
Use props
Gizmodude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49213 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TonyTone Posted at 2019-3-20 07:51
OK, OK, OK everyone !

I have these goggles figured out for those of you who may have the same issue.

I am curious to see what distance you can get with these and the Mavic Air before you get any video transmission issues .. I am guessing since you lock in the DJI controller in the Go app to 5.8ghz  and then turn off the controller & close the Go app and then re-launch it secures the 5.8ghz  signal.. and you are basically using the goggles instead of having to look into your Go app is that correct ? Thanks !
2020-1-26
Use props
TonyTone
lvl.1
United States

I've gone pretty damn far. Next time I go out flying I'll see. But I don't think there are any. I go far AF with this little guy and don't get issues unless I am in urban areas. Out over water, in the mountains, canyons etc it goes really far crystal clear. Sometime when I'm like in my neighborhood, it, the drone itself and controller don't go far at all. Depends. Some areas I can't even go 100 yards before it loses signal.
2020-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules