Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I broke something while hand catching the Phantom 4 Pro?
1029 8 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip Kyzek
lvl.4
Czechia

Hello! So I remember when I bought my Phantom 4 Pro, the guy in the shop told me to be carefull when catching the drone leg because there are antennas which i can broke. Is that true?
2019-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you break the antenna in the leg while hand catching your Phantom you have more to worry about than the antenna.
2019-2-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always hand catch - never had any issue, or breakage...
2019-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never heard that before.
2019-2-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I just started doing the hand catching and its awesome...... lol never had any issues
2019-2-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Best way to retrieve, IMHO.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Filip Kyzek. Thank you for the inquiry and for sharing. The antenna of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro is located on the legs of the said drone. There could be a possibility that the antenna of the drone might get damage when hand catching the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Just a friendly reminder that it is not recommended hand catching the said drone. Please do not stop the drone by hand, it could be dangerous. For your safety, please land the drone and stop the motors by sticks, or use the auto landing function. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-15
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

Can obviously be very dangerous.  Not recommending nor do I know "Joey", but here's the first clip I found. Fast forward to 4:00. The gear attachment point looks to be a weak area. If I were to hand catch, I don't think I'd grab a leg.

2019-2-16
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
Second Officer
United States

I have to hand catch 90% of the time because of the terrain I am on. If you properly care for and maintain your drone then there is no danger. This means actually inspecting for cracks and the all time-consuming task of using a screwdriver.
Make sure to grab up high near the OBS sensor in the the crook of you thumb and hand, not just your fingers.
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules