lost drone in wind -
997 4 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
napili studio
New

United States

I have lost my drone in a sugar cane feild and trying to use map info to retrieve it. I have two questions:
Below is the last image my screen showed before i switched to 'find my drone' and flight records - what does the blue pin-point represent and why doesnt the dji go 4 app flight record show the same?

I normally use my ipad pro with gps to fly the phantom 4 but it wont work find my drone when im away from wifi. I've tried hot spot with my iphone but doesnt seem to work. Is there a work around so I can use my iphone to us 'find my drone'?

Generally i havent found DJI to give much information on this and would be deeply appreciative to anyone to help with some advise.

Thank you

screen shot from last flight

screen shot from last flight

flight records

flight records

find my drone -from ipad

find my drone -from ipad
2019-2-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi - sorry for your troubles.  I recommend that you upload your flight record file to the phantom help site linked below, and I think it would give you good info on finding your drone.

You could also paste the link you see here coupled with whatever wind info (wind direction and wind speed) you have and get other good opinions from the membership .

Good luck.

https://phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2019-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about your lost drone. It’s got to be devastating for sure.
Many of us have had similar let downs in life and within our beloved hobby as well.

That’s a lot of agriculture field to search. Wow.  
But I do hope that you will continue to search & can find it, before it rains, or worse, harvest.

Please keep the forum informed of your search and eventual success in retrieval.

Thanks and much good luck.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to read about the incident that happens on your drone. Please check sync your flight records using the app and contact our support using the link below. Note: The data analysis would depend on the unit if it's under warranty. We will check your other query with our designated department for further clarification. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules