RC Compatibility
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bkal2019
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9573 ft
United States

I bought a new Phantom 4 Advance Pluse. I love it! It's my first drone.
When I bought it I thought having a built in display would be really convenient. However, now I'm wanting to install 3rd party mapping applications but I can't install them on the built in display.
Question, can I replace my RC?
What RC model numbere is compatible with the Phantom 4 Advance?
Thanks
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in DJI Product. With Regards to your question, the compatible standard remote would be GL300C ver.B and The GL300F (P4P remote controller) is another option you could use. When using it you just need to configure it from the DJI Go 4. See the Screenshot below. Thanks!
2019-2-15
Use props
bkal2019
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 15:42
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in DJI Product. With Regards to your question, the compatible standard remote would be GL300C ver.B and The GL300F (P4P remote controller) is another option you could use. When using it you just need to configure it from the DJI Go 4. See the Screenshot below. Thanks!
[view_image]

Thank you so much for the information!
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bkal2019 Posted at 2-15 15:46
Thank you so much for the information!

It's my pleasure to help you. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I’m curious,why you bought the built in screen version, without doing a better due diligence?.

At the prices all of these models and peripherals cost, doing your homework is nearly mandatory.

I hope you can find another appropriate rc for a reasonable price.

Best wishes. Enjoy your time well spent, while in the forum.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-15
Use props
bkal2019
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-15 20:09
I’m curious,why you bought the built in screen version, without doing a better due diligence?.

At the prices all of these models and peripherals cost, doing your homework is nearly mandatory.

This is my very first drone. I had no previous experience. I thought having an integrated display would best suite my needs. And it does do the job well and I can unpack my drone and remote and be flying just a minute or so. But now I want to install 3rd party mapping applications on my display and I can't.
Yeah, doing your homework is always good but you don't know what you don't know until you get into a situation...
2019-2-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your not the only one that this has happened to.  It's easy to do it.
2019-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

bkal2019 Posted at 2-16 06:38
This is my very first drone. I had no previous experience. I thought having an integrated display would best suite my needs. And it does do the job well and I can unpack my drone and remote and be flying just a minute or so. But now I want to install 3rd party mapping applications on my display and I can't.
Yeah, doing your homework is always good but you don't know what you don't know until you get into a situation...

Ok, that’s an acceptable response.

Would you rather sell the radio, or just add a second one, for that other application?

RedHotPoker
2019-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2-16 07:03
Your not the only one that this has happened to.  It's easy to do it.

Yes, an it’s unfortunate too, that DJI doesn’t figure out a way to allow a little more freedom...

RedHotPoker
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules