will not write to micro card
739 15 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

My Mavic Air sends wonderful video to my Apple Mini during it's flight but when I look at the recorded video it looks like it is full of transitional "washouts" every few seconds. I have bought a new micro card that will write 100 bits per second and formated it and directed the program to it but nothing is writen to the card . Any solutions to my problem?
2019-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What brand of card is it. Not all card are created equal.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Edcolwell, my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experienced. May I know what happened prior to the issue? Have you tried to format it manually using a PC? If not yet, please try to format it directly to a computer and check if the issue persists.You may also try a different SD card so that we can isolate the issue. Please refer on our recommended SD cards below.  

SUPPORTED SD CARDS
Supported SD Cards        microSD
Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Recommended microSD Cards        16G
Sandisk Extreme
Kingston 16GB SDHC-I SDCAC/16GB
32G
Sandisk Extreme V30
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
Sandisk Extreme V30 Pro A1
64G
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 A1
128G
Sandisk Extreme V30 A1
2019-2-15
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-15 22:37
Hi Edcolwell, my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experienced. May I know what happened prior to the issue? Have you tried to format it manually using a PC? If not yet, please try to format it directly to a computer and check if the issue persists.You may also try a different SD card so that we can isolate the issue. Please refer on our recommended SD cards below.  

SUPPORTED SD CARDS

It responded to a computer format and now writes to it but with the same type of washouts.  It is a Kingston 64 GB card not on your list. I will buy one from the list today and try again.
Thanks
2019-2-16
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

Third time the charm. I bought and formated on my computer a card from the Administers list in this link and it is now writing to the card and looks great.
2019-2-16
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

Woe Posted at 2-15 20:49
What brand of card is it. Not all card are created equal.

Thanks for response , I previously bought  a Sandisk Ultra , and then a Kingston 64 that did not work. I just bought a card from the Administers list and it is now working    Kingston 16GB HD 10 80 B/S
2019-2-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-16 10:42
Thanks for response , I previously bought  a Sandisk Ultra , and then a Kingston 64 that did not work. I just bought a card from the Administers list and it is now working    Kingston 16GB HD 10 80 B/S

Awesome. looking forward to seeing some vids
2019-2-16
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

i failed using  samsung evo+ so i purchased sandisk extremePlus and it can sustain writing nonstop at highest resolution. headache comes offloading drone into OS hosting storage called my passport westerndigital terabyte ssd.
the latest edition djigo4 apk android wifi's the craft offload.

but cabled usbC considerably prompt commensurate with OS host horsepower (i guess that's why the rated sustained writing capabilities which circumvents video bog and flkiness).

the 720pixel deposited in phone is mere courtesy copy low grade resolution in the event drone is lost or collides (you won't get the onboard video stowed since craft lost).

understand the drone is sending your phone the 720p so dedicate that phone service to djigo4 alone and minimize other resource hungry apk and os features not essential for flying.

leave phone alone and it does ring during flight!
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-16 07:42
It responded to a computer format and now writes to it but with the same type of washouts.  It is a Kingston 64 GB card not on your list. I will buy one from the list today and try again.
Thanks

You're welcome and my apologies for the late response. It is possible that it is compatibility issues or the SD card has already been damaged.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-16 10:22
Third time the charm. I bought and formated on my computer a card from the Administers list in this link and it is now writing to the card and looks great.

That's good to know. If you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-2-20
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

You recording in 4K? Is this card U3 class?
2019-2-20
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

3BEPb Posted at 2-20 15:33
You recording in 4K? Is this card U3 class?

yes, thanks for responding. it is a Kingston card from the approved list . It is writing to the card now but still has issues with "washouts". I am going to go get a Sandisk Extreme Pro and give that a try. For a test I am also going to downgrade to 2.7 in my settings. I would be very happy with the same quality I got out of my Phantom 3 Standard 2.7
2019-2-20
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

cutis Posted at 2-16 15:54
i failed using  samsung evo+ so i purchased sandisk extremePlus and it can sustain writing nonstop at highest resolution. headache comes offloading drone into OS hosting storage called my passport westerndigital terabyte ssd.
the latest edition djigo4 apk android wifi's the craft offload.

Thanks for your response, I thought I had it beat but I am going to buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro and try again. It is writing to card but still with the "washouts"
2019-2-20
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-20 16:44
Thanks for your response, I thought I had it beat but I am going to buy a Sandisk Extreme Pro and try again. It is writing to card but still with the "washouts"

Pro versus plus, the extreme family, both okay, plus boasts less monies for sustained writing over 60megabytespersecond, the craft's 8gb or porting is slowest bottleneck
2019-2-21
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

cutis Posted at 2-21 12:45
Pro versus plus, the extreme family, both okay, plus boasts less monies for sustained writing over 60megabytespersecond, the craft's 8gb or porting is slowest bottleneck

Thanks for your input. Extreme cards seem to be hard to find in my part of the city but I did finally come up with an Extreme Plus 32. Tried it out and it looks good. I tried it out on a different laptop as well , I think part of my problem has been an old video card in my laptop getting ready to bite it. Anyway, the Mavic air is working and I get to buy a new laptop. It's a great day all round.
2019-2-21
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

edcolwell@yahoo Posted at 2-21 14:54
Thanks for your input. Extreme cards seem to be hard to find in my part of the city but I did finally come up with an Extreme Plus 32. Tried it out and it looks good. I tried it out on a different laptop as well , I think part of my problem has been an old video card in my laptop getting ready to bite it. Anyway, the Mavic air is working and I get to buy a new laptop. It's a great day all round.

Educate do's don't's owning utilizing high end sdcard: realize voltage mininscule pressure applied to sdcard actually deteriorates sdcard ever bit so slow yet is occurring. Read in dji change sdcard same cycle as intelligent flight battery end of life rechargability changeout.
I believe forum hurts in sdcard usage stems from the windows platform hardware as here the voltage transients depend on pc health of its powersupply and health of overextended pc electrical loads that subdue the proper designed voltages and transients that occur under variation of loads.
The worst nightmare is discovering lovely high end camera video and stills somehow can't be accessed for darn sdcard retirement.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules