Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Carbon fiber props for spark ?
1983 8 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Has anyone installed carbon fiber props on your dji spark ?
Did you notice any difference in flight ?
Thanks for your input.
Just  curious
PS Yes, I’ve only used dji products with no 3nd party.
2019-2-15
Use props
62+
Captain
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Only use DJI  stock.
2019-2-16
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Carbon props for a small bird as the Spark do not change anything, they are only more expensive.
Be aware to not buy any fake carbon props (made of plastics with carbon foil stickers).
On bigger drones, where bigger props are used, there is of course a little advantage.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Sayhelloforme. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the reaching out. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on there experience in using the carbon fiber propellers for there DJI Spark. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Wolferl Posted at 2-16 00:56
Hi,

Carbon props for a small bird as the Spark do not change anything, they are only more expensive.

Thanks wolferl. I have seen some videos on YouTube for the p3p and it looks like it might be better only in gusty winds, like at the beach. I still can’t bring myself to put anything 3nd party on any of my dji products except for the battery clip on the dji spark. I was just wondering how the cf props would act on the little spark. Can’t find any videos online. Just  curious   Thanks for your help.
2019-2-16
Use props
pmshop
Captain
Flight distance : 7881391 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-16 07:14
Thanks wolferl. I have seen some videos on YouTube for the p3p and it looks like it might be better only in gusty winds, like at the beach. I still can’t bring myself to put anything 3nd party on any of my dji products except for the battery clip on the dji spark. I was just wondering how the cf props would act on the little spark. Can’t find any videos online. Just  curious   Thanks for your help.

p3p is a different animal and can benefit from CF props.
Spark is good to go with stock props
2019-2-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

pmshop Posted at 2-16 10:40
p3p is a different animal and can benefit from CF props.
Spark is good to go with stock props

This, I know. Have you tried it on your spark ?
I just wanted to see if someone has tried it and has first hand results.
It doesn’t look like anyone has

2019-2-16
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-16 16:00
This, I know. Have you tried it on your spark ?
I just wanted to see if someone has tried it and has first hand results.
It doesn’t look like anyone has

"First hand results," brings to mind why I don't use them.  This Spark is a often handled toy with four, count them, four furiously fast spinning knives.  I would rather it was armed with four plastic knives than four carbon fiber knives.

My model helicopter days had pictures of carbon fiber rotor hub blades punched clean through 2x4 board fences after the model crashed.  I stuck with balsa wood blades (maybe they were birch wood).

Safety first

A Spark landing.gif
2019-2-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2-16 16:36
"First hand results," brings to mind why I don't use them.  This Spark is a often handled toy with four, count them, four furiously fast spinning knives.  I would rather it was armed with four plastic knives than four carbon fiber knives.

My model helicopter days had pictures of carbon fiber rotor hub blades punched clean through 2x4 board fences after the model crashed.  I stuck with balsa wood blades (maybe they were birch wood).

Thanks Gunship !! Since this could be used as a catch and release drone, it wouldn’t be  practical due to safety   Great point. I’ve only used dji props on my drones. I don’t think I’ll ever try 3nd party. I feel DJI is good enough because it’s the same prop used to test the drone.
I’ve seen videos of people getting cut by props from the spark. I could not imagine fingers getting hit by Carbon fibe props. OUCH !!!
Thanks again for the awesome insight.
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules