2814 51 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cannot use this mount with connector on stowed... is there anything I miss?
DBD79860-9DAD-482D-8BF4-B5456B59D8A3.jpeg
2019-2-15
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Can't use it with a phone attached either. That's probably why the lack of accommodating the adaptor.
2019-2-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It also seems to make you photo go all upside down
2019-2-16
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 2-15 23:51
Can't use it with a phone attached either. That's probably why the lack of accommodating the adaptor.

It's junk. Chuck it out and buy the one from Polar Pro instead. They have people who know what they're doing there AND able to deliver it instead of making you wait months for it. Their adapter is cheap, better quality and works with accessories like the control wheel. They have an adapter specifically for the wireless module that can be used with their tripod mount and other mounts.
2019-2-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

AngularIan Posted at 2-16 05:24
It's junk. Chuck it out and buy the one from Polar Pro instead. They have people who know what they're doing there AND able to deliver it instead of making you wait months for it. Their adapter is cheap, better quality and works with accessories like the control wheel. They have an adapter specifically for the wireless module that can be used with their tripod mount and other mounts.

It's not junk.  Well made and serves a fine purpose when using a wide range of GoPro mounts... which I already have.  Because it doesn't work with other devices doesn't make it junk.  FWIW, the polar pro tripod mount doesn't work with the Remote base either... does that make IT junk too?
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing your insights about the DJI Accessory Mount of the DJI Osmo Pocket. This information will all be helpful to DJI for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ yes you can use both of these together without any problem, you can also use mount and phone by connection .
2/ you can also mount this mount upside down low on the OP which allows you to connect by central connection by lead.
3/ the mount is extremely well made and is head and shoulders above the finish feel and look of PP tripod mount which doesn’t allow you to mount WiFi module.
2019-2-16
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 15:04
1/ yes you can use both of these together without any problem, you can also use mount and phone by connection .
2/ you can also mount this mount upside down low on the OP which allows you to connect by central connection by lead.
3/ the mount is extremely well made and is head and shoulders above the finish feel and look of PP tripod mount which doesn’t allow you to mount WiFi module.

Can you post the pictures that it can do that ?
2019-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SectorDrone Posted at 2-18 17:36
Can you post the pictures that it can do that ?

2019-2-18
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

You CAN'T connect the action (GoPro) mount with the lightning adapter, that was the original question. The way you are mounting the attachment on the 2nd foto is not the way it was designed to do so. It has a tab that goes over the port when not using it. that means that your method could endup scratching the OP or bending the plastic tabs on the mount. Either way it is putting unnecessary strees to both.
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

It's junk. Chuck it out and buy the one from Polar Pro instead. They have people who know what they're doing there AND able to deliver it instead of making you wait months for it. Their adapter is cheap, better quality and works with accessories like the control wheel. They have an adapter specifically for the wireless module that can be used with their tripod mount and other mounts.

The PolarPro mount is great if yoiu do not intend to use the WiFi adapter but the DJI mount is the better choice if you wish to do so. Let's keep it civilized folks.
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 01:22
You CAN'T connect the action (GoPro) mount with the lightning adapter, that was the original question. The way you are mounting the attachment on the 2nd foto is not the way it was designed to do so. It has a tab that goes over the port when not using it. that means that your method could endup scratching the OP or bending the plastic tabs on the mount. Either way it is putting unnecessary strees to both.

I think while it may or may not have been designed that way it works pretty good, I’ve had many different configurations with all my go pro mounts and I’m certain some of them were not designed for how I’m using them, there is no substitute for thinking in this world and if the shoe fits wear it is my moto .
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 01:57
I think while it may or may not have been designed that way it works pretty good, I’ve had many different configurations with all my go pro mounts and I’m certain some of them were not designed for how I’m using them, there is no substitute for thinking in this world and if the shoe fits wear it is my moto .

Of course you can use any accessory in ways it was not intended to be used BUT the fact is that your EGO outweighs your intelligence and you are not able to realise that it is very difficult to take you seriously after that kind of answers...

The mount has 2 tabs meant to fill-in the gap when the connector is not used. You insist that there's no problem??? would you mind to post some photos from different angles? Did you cut those tabs?

Get a grip Hallmark, you need to know when to accept a mistake. It is human.

OP Acc Mount.jpg
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 02:12
Of course you can use any accessory in ways it was not intended to be used BUT the fact is that your EGO outweighs your intelligence and you are not able to realise that it is very difficult to take you seriously after that kind of answers...

The mount has 2 tabs meant to fill-in the gap when the connector is not used. You insist that there's no problem??? would you mind to post some photos from different angles? Did you cut those tabs?

I think you are being delusional, I did no more than try to explain what I was doing I have already posted photos, but just for yourself I will post more.
You need to be aware that nobody is fooled on this forum of who they are dealing with here , the whole forum is talking about it, it seems you next quest now is to try your hand at trolling me, if you have a problem with me take it to PM.

This last one makes for an extremely comfortable set up for holding OP or using on a tripod.
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I hope now you will be man enough to admit you were wrong .
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You can also see from these photos that there is plenty of clearance when using go pro mount and WiFi module .
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 03:15
You can also see from these photos that there is plenty of clearance when using go pro mount and WiFi module .[view_image][view_image]

I never mentioned the WiFi not fitting with the mount, I have both so I know they fit. Please read again the post.

Capture.JPG
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 03:06
I hope now you will be man enough to admit you were wrong .

You fitted HALF of the mount and the other half is dangling around and you want me to admit I am wrong? Is that a secure fit for an ACTION mount? You serious??? The fact that you want to use an action mount as a table stand or as a tripod mount make it ok? Your personal needs don't represent the majority of people you know? There's a World beside you! No wonder why you are not making many friends in here...

This is an ACTION MOUNT, it needs to fir securely for ACTION shots!
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 03:03
I think you are being delusional, I did no more than try to explain what I was doing I have already posted photos, but just for yourself I will post more.
You need to be aware that nobody is fooled on this forum of who they are dealing with here , the whole forum is talking about it, it seems you next quest now is to try your hand at trolling me, if you have a problem with me take it to PM.

I believe you have some kind of complex victim syndrome and you're constantly feeling that people wants to troll you. From your posts, beside criticising anyone that dares to have a problem with DJI, one can only deduct that you have many, many insecurities. You defend your point of view to death, no matter how stupid it is and if your counterpart proves you wrong, then his is automatically trolling you...

You do that with the simpliest of things like with the fact that the original DJI action mount DOESN'T fit with the Lightning connector attached and to make your point, you only fittef half of the mount!!!!! This is beyonf infantile, wtf?
2019-2-19
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190161 ft
France

WebParrot Posted at 2-16 10:41
It's not junk.  Well made and serves a fine purpose when using a wide range of GoPro mounts... which I already have.  Because it doesn't work with other devices doesn't make it junk.  FWIW, the polar pro tripod mount doesn't work with the Remote base either... does that make IT junk too?

Not compatible with your own line of accesories is inexcuseable!
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 03:54
I believe you have some kind of complex victim syndrome and you're constantly feeling that people wants to troll you. From your posts, beside criticising anyone that dares to have a problem with DJI, one can only deduct that you have many, many insecurities. You defend your point of view to death, no matter how stupid it is and if your counterpart proves you wrong, then his is automatically trolling you...

You do that with the simpliest of things like with the fact that the original DJI action mount DOESN'T fit with the Lightning connector attached and to make your point, you only fittef half of the mount!!!!! This is beyonf infantile, wtf?

I’ve answered OP’s question good day .
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

opnwong Posted at 2-19 04:29
Not compatible with your own line of accesories is inexcuseable!

What do you think it’s not compatible with ?
2019-2-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 04:31
What do you think it’s not compatible with ?

Take a breath. I think this poster just might be referencing DJI's stuff.

When "used as intended" there are some issues with the DJI accessories. But yes, many can be overcome still using the DJI product creatively.

BTW

"Good Day" is usually connotes a wrap!
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Curt1591 Posted at 2-19 04:46
Take a breath. I think this poster just might be referencing DJI's stuff.

When "used as intended" there are some issues with the DJI accessories. But yes, many can be overcome still using the DJI product creatively.

It was meant as a wrap , but it was posted to another not the poster that was having problems with accessories being compatible , I was actually trying to help him .
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 04:30
I’ve answered OP’s question good day .

I saw you deleted your other post but I will answer anyway.

Photographers don't throw away 'toys' when not used as you've mentioned. We have DIFFERENT toys for DIFFERENT needs. If you are a Pro you should invest in geat that will serve specific purposes. I will not put a D850 / nikkon 70-200mm f/2.8 in a tripod that has a max. load of 2Kg. i will use a bigger and sturdier tripod. Can I work around using items that have not specifically been designed for it, SURE. Does it means it is right? Well that is IMO debatable.

Then you mentioned that the PolarPro mount is .... No it isn't, actually it is great and it allows me to mount it on my helmet, bike, car, tripod, etc as it has 3 mounting points and not only 1 as the original DJI product.

Closing, you keep mentioning that I am another person and that I go around threatening to fight people. I haven't threatened anyone nor understand what you mean, sorry. I believe I've been far more polite than you on the majority of your posts. I PMd you this morning telling you to calm down or you will get banned AGAIN. It seems that some just don't learn their lesson.
2019-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 04:56
I saw you deleted your other post but I will answer anyway.

Photographers don't throw away 'toys' when not used as you've mentioned. We have DIFFERENT toys for DIFFERENT needs. If you are a Pro you should invest in geat that will serve specific purposes. I will not put a D850 / nikkon 70-200mm f/2.8 in a tripod that has a max. load of 2Kg. i will use a bigger and sturdier tripod. Can I work around using items that have not specifically been designed for it, SURE. Does it means it is right? Well that is IMO debatable.

You children need to take these off-tone exchanges to PM.  Again, more heat than light !  (friendly reminder )
2019-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 03:54
I believe you have some kind of complex victim syndrome and you're constantly feeling that people wants to troll you. From your posts, beside criticising anyone that dares to have a problem with DJI, one can only deduct that you have many, many insecurities. You defend your point of view to death, no matter how stupid it is and if your counterpart proves you wrong, then his is automatically trolling you...

You do that with the simpliest of things like with the fact that the original DJI action mount DOESN'T fit with the Lightning connector attached and to make your point, you only fittef half of the mount!!!!! This is beyonf infantile, wtf?

You children need to take these off-tone exchanges to PM.  Again, more heat than light !  (friendly reminder )
2019-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 03:15
You can also see from these photos that there is plenty of clearance when using go pro mount and WiFi module .[view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the photos, HOWEVER, as I offered to El-D

"You children need to take these off-tone exchanges to PM.  Again, more heat than light !  (friendly reminder )"
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

WebParrot Posted at 2-19 07:42
Thanks for the photos, HOWEVER, as I offered to El-D

"You children need to take these off-tone exchanges to PM.  Again, more heat than light !  (friendly reminder )"

I think you are a little over-sensitive there. We are having an argument but no insults or bad manners. What's your opinion on the matter? Can you add any value to this thread or you just came to say the standard 'children motto'?

By the way, please take the time to delete your double posts.
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

It's junk. Chuck it out and buy the one from Polar Pro instead. They have people who know what they're doing there AND able to deliver it instead of making you wait months for it. Their adapter is cheap, better quality and works with accessories like the control wheel. They have an adapter specifically for the wireless module that can be used with their tripod mount and other mounts.

PolarPro gear is great, but in this case the adaptor you speak of from PP won't allow the Osmo Pocket to attach to an action mount, AND simultaneously use the WiFi Module. PolarPro has a separate tripod mount for the OP when using the WiFi Module, but that mount doesn't then allow action accessory attachment.

I believe I've seen various mounts being made for the OP that allow such a setup being demoed on YouTube and sold on Amazon, so I'll have a look to see if I can find one...
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Looks like RCGEEK has come up with a universal 1/4" 20 / action mount accessory which will allow the simultaneous attachment of the WiFi Module:

https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Ex ... ateway&sr=8-125

It comes as a kit along with a backpack strap adaptor, but judging from the part placement and clearances, it looks like the WiFi Module can still attach to the bottom.

A quick search of "DJI Osmo Pocket mounting kit" on amazon yields more than 20 pages of accessories, many of them are ND filters (what do those have to do with mounting kits?), but there are many good choices. Just be careful of some, as they seem to be 3D-printed models, and I wouldn't trust their build quality. This RCGEEK item seems pretty well built.
2019-2-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-19 11:32
Looks like RCGEEK has come up with a universal 1/4" 20 / action mount accessory which will allow the simultaneous attachment of the WiFi Module:

https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Ex ... ateway&sr=8-125

This is a nice find and the I would get it just for the mount.  However, I wish there was a mount that clamps or joins together the wifi module and the OP so it doesn't fall.  Gaffer tape helps but it's not practical.  
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Joemar7 Posted at 2-19 12:38
This is a nice find and the I would get it just for the mount.  However, I wish there was a mount that clamps or joins together the wifi module and the OP so it doesn't fall.  Gaffer tape helps but it's not practical.

Agreed, an all-in-one solution would be the preferred route to take!

I saw a YouTube video recently that showcased I believe a US ex-pat living in China talking about how the local third-party accessory market has flocked to the OP making a TON of different accessories, and most of them selling on local eCommerce platforms such as Alibaba. I'm sure many of those will eventually filter onto Amazon, so we can get easier access to them.

On a side note, I can see that even when I offer practical advice, the REAL down-vote troll army comes out, how sad...
2019-2-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-19 12:59
Agreed, an all-in-one solution would be the preferred route to take!

I saw a YouTube video recently that showcased I believe a US ex-pat living in China talking about how the local third-party accessory market has flocked to the OP making a TON of different accessories, and most of them selling on local eCommerce platforms such as Alibaba. I'm sure many of those will eventually filter onto Amazon, so we can get easier access to them.

You cannot have enough of Chinese third party accessories.  Lol.  I am huge fan of mounts.  That mount you mentioned with the GoPro 1/4 screw connector are worth the money.  The construction looks solid.  Thanks again for this find.   Can't wait to try it.  
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Joemar7 Posted at 2-19 13:27
You cannot have enough of Chinese third party accessories.  Lol.  I am huge fan of mounts.  That mount you mentioned with the GoPro 1/4 screw connector are worth the money.  The construction looks solid.  Thanks again for this find.   Can't wait to try it.

You're most welcome! Maybe give us all a review once you get yours to see how well it performs? ;)
2019-2-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

El Diabolico Posted at 2-19 03:41
You fitted HALF of the mount and the other half is dangling around and you want me to admit I am wrong? Is that a secure fit for an ACTION mount? You serious??? The fact that you want to use an action mount as a table stand or as a tripod mount make it ok? Your personal needs don't represent the majority of people you know? There's a World beside you! No wonder why you are not making many friends in here...

This is an ACTION MOUNT, it needs to fir securely for ACTION shots!

As a matter of fact, this is not action mount, and Osmo Pocket is NOT the action camera. The device in question is called "Osmo Pocket Accessory Mount", and apparently can be used the way our forum "inquisitor" brother Hallmark described ...
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-19 14:34
As a matter of fact, this is not action mount, and Osmo Pocket is NOT the action camera. The device in question is called "Osmo Pocket Accessory Mount", and apparently can be used the way our forum "inquisitor" brother Hallmark described  ...

Hi Matt it’s actually a lot more versatile than people think, I got some PP fittings but none of them come close to the build of this one, and although its expensive , for me I had to pay $45 shipping from polar pro , shipping was free with dji,
Anyways i now have so many different fittings I dont know what to do with them, im convinced i only like using the osmo as it is and i will use tripod mount for motion lapse etc, and the rest will go into a drawer and I think I will be out somewhere shooting someday and remember what would have come in handy if only it wasn’t at home in the drawer.
2019-2-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 14:56
Hi Matt it’s actually a lot more versatile than people think, I got some PP fittings but none of them come close to the build of this one, and although its expensive , for me I had to pay $45 shipping from polar pro , shipping was free with dji,
Anyways i now have so many different fittings I dont know what to do with them, im convinced i only like using the osmo as it is and i will use tripod mount for motion lapse etc, and the rest will go into a drawer and I think I will be out somewhere shooting someday and remember what would have come in handy if only it wasn’t at home in the drawer.

Since you're there ... I'm still amazed how surprisingly rigid this toy is. I purchased OP mainly to get yet another angle in my landscape videography, and for this purpose I've mounted it on RC dolly. By the time I realized how vulnerable is this camera in such application, the car flipped twice belly up landing on OP. We're talking like 8-9 lbs weight! Few scratches on gimbal head aside, Osmo survived the abuse intact! I'm building a wire cage around now ...

Cheers.
2019-2-19
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wow... Too much words in here.

So, I need to REMOVE the phone connector AWAY just to install the Clamp mount .. (So stupid design.. DJI wants you to lose and buy it back)

2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

SectorDrone Posted at 2-19 19:44
Wow... Too much words in here.

So, I need to REMOVE the phone connector AWAY just to install the Clamp mount .. (So stupid design.. DJI wants you to lose and buy it back)

Unfortunately yes if you want to have a secure fit. Of course you can do what some gentleman suggested but as it only attaches partially to the OP you will take unnecessary risks IMO. If you don't wish to spend lots of money, you can get a Skyreat Aluminum mount for 15$ or so that will allow you to keep the connector in place (it is narrow enoug)h and has a full silicone insert and lip (grey part) to avoid scratching the body of the gimbal.

2019-2-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules