Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just a thought...
452 16 2-16 04:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 6313048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally got an Osmo Pocket.  Very cool device but I have a question for the DJI brass:

Why no support for Micro-USB devices?  All you need to do is make a compatible dongle (there would have to be two models as some devices orient their Micro-USB differently).  Fortunately I had a single tablet with USB-C to activate the Pocket as there appears to be no other way.  Why are you depriving yourselves of millions of potential  customers?
2-16 04:55
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4724977 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck with the new purchase, it’s very strange why they would alienate so many possible users, it is possible to get small USBC to micro adapter but that’s the only option .
2-16 05:23
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Dirty Bird. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Pocket and thank you for sharing these information and your insight as well. Let me forward these information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2-16 07:19
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 05:23
Good luck with the new purchase, it’s very strange why they would alienate so many possible users, it is possible to get small USBC to micro adapter but that’s the only option .

An adapter isn't the only option. Get the wireless adapter and connect via Bluetooth, that's what I do and it works great.
2-16 07:35
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4724977 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FatherXmas Posted at 2-16 07:35
An adapter isn't the only option. Get the wireless adapter and connect via Bluetooth, that's what I do and it works great.

Yes of course that would make sense.
2-16 07:48
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A very reasonable, pointed comment.  :-)  Unfortunately it's been made ...oh, a few hundred times within this forum without comment from da' brassies.  It is beyond curious.  I'm feeling smug (as an iPhone owner), but after a month with the device have found I rarely have need to connect  via Lightening adapter.  Now with the remote base and a cable connection through the bottom port there's less of a need.  Hope some wise vendor comes up with a solution for ya.  ciao
2-16 10:37
Use props
Pligo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

An adapter isn't the only option. Get the wireless adapter and connect via Bluetooth, that's what I do and it works great.

Can the wireless module be connected to the side usb C with an adapter cable?
2-16 10:52
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 05:23
Good luck with the new purchase, it’s very strange why they would alienate so many possible users, it is possible to get small USBC to micro adapter but that’s the only option .
Thanks.  I ordered a USB-C to Micro-USB cable & adapter just to give them a try.  Both are data-compatible.  Only cost a few bucks to find out.
2-16 16:19
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 07:19
Hello and good day Dirty Bird. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Pocket and thank you for sharing these information and your insight as well. Let me forward these information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

Thank you.  I really think making Micro-USB dongles (straight & reversed) would be a smart move for sales.  Far more Micro-USB devices in service at this point than USB-C.
2-16 16:20
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

An adapter isn't the only option. Get the wireless adapter and connect via Bluetooth, that's what I do and it works great.

I have the wireless adapter now but I'm not sure if you can use it for activation or firmware upgrades?
2-16 16:22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-16 10:37
A very reasonable, pointed comment.  :-)  Unfortunately it's been made ...oh, a few hundred times within this forum without comment from da' brassies.  It is beyond curious.  I'm feeling smug (as an iPhone owner), but after a month with the device have found I rarely have need to connect  via Lightening adapter.  Now with the remote base and a cable connection through the bottom port there's less of a need.  Hope some wise vendor comes up with a solution for ya.  ciao

I like how the new firmware has made many of the Pro settings accessible without the need of attaching to a device.
2-16 16:24
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-16 16:22
I have the wireless adapter now but I'm not sure if you can use it for activation or firmware upgrades?

I do not know about that, I have two phones, one has a C connector so I used it to activate and update. Started using the other one after the wireless adapter arrived.
2-16 17:41
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-16 16:24
I like how the new firmware has made many of the Pro settings accessible without the need of attaching to a device.

Absolutely agree.  Far more friendly.  I'm still " Jonein' " for the addition of presets.  Not as essential but a definite way to get my fumbling digits some relief  ;-)
2-17 06:08
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

If I try to guess what might be the reason...
May be because micro USB is very loose. At least compared to USB-C or lighting port.
Connecting the phone only by the adapter is looks flimsy already.
If phone or OP falling off and smashed on the ground because of the micro USB port... Could it be the reason?
2-17 07:17
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-16 16:20
Thank you.  I really think making Micro-USB dongles (straight & reversed) would be a smart move for sales.  Far more Micro-USB devices in service at this point than USB-C.

You are always welcome Dirty Bird. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. For the most recent update for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest details. Thank you.
2-17 07:25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 2-17 07:17
If I try to guess what might be the reason...
May be because micro USB is very loose. At least compared to USB-C or lighting port.
Connecting the phone only by the adapter is looks flimsy already.

Possibly.  I don't like the idea of just using the port...regardless of type...to secure the Pocket.  I would probably purchase one of the brackets designed to secure the attachment if that were to be my primary method of using the OP.  For me it will generally be used stand-alone, or connected via the wireless adapter or extension stick when that accessory is released.
2-17 10:00
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tested the Pocket today with two USB-C to Micro-USB cables through the bottom USB port, & also a USB-C to Micro-USB adapter dongle connected to the Pocket's included USB-C dongle then directly into my Micro-USB device.  All worked perfectly, though you would want to employ one of the device-to-Pocket brackets to keep things stable & secure when using the dongle.  The cables & dongle are all data-capable which is obviously important when selecting one should you wish to go this route.  

Bottom line is the Pocket works fine with Micro-USB devices with the proper cable or dongle adapter.  I tested this on the following devices:

Galaxy S6 Edge
Galaxy Note 4
HTC One M9
Asus ZenPad 10
Asus ZenPad 8S

All work fine with Mimo & the Pocket.
2-18 15:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules