2058 37 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
byronjackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245066 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Having real issues with the Ronin S and only getting really shaky footage.  I am using the Panasonic GH4 with Lumix ASPH 25 mm prime lens - setup has been balanced and motors autotuned.

Balance Test:

Yaw: Excellent
Roll: Excellent
Pitch:Excellent

Motors auto tuned on both medium and high current settings Pan 28 Tilt 28 Roll 28.   Its a real shame but the footage looks terrible - I am walking as carefully as possible and the gimble is firm in against the body.  
I am using the RSS cable - so obviously I cannot get tight in against the motor (wish you would design a right angle connection) but the camera is correctly balanced.  
Firmware is at 1.7.0.60
GCU: 1.0
IMU: 0.1
YAW 1.0
PITCH 1.0
ROLL 1.0

I cannot seem to post the link to the video I dont have permissions apparently ...

2019-2-16
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I have the same problem. I have Crane 2 at home and the panning is super smooth but on my Ronin S the video is jittery with sudden shakes.  If I slowly pan to the right or to the left the gimbal is just not smooth at all and it's jittery ( left or right ).  It doesn't matter how slow or fast i try to turn it...it just looks awful.  I have Sony A7 III + Tamron 28-75 2.8 but it is the same with any other lens. I have tried everything. I have the latest firmware, the gimbal is perfectly balanced, I've restored gimbal setup, system calibration and I Autotune the motors ( Medium ) every time. I've tried all the options in the smooth track but I can't get normal smooth video.
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi byronjackson, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, please upload the video to the third party platform like Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link here so that we can check the video for further support, thank you.
2019-2-17
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tried all methods - I am simply not allowed to post any link here.  Google Docs, Drop Box etc ... none allowed
2019-2-18
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I simply get the following:

Sorry, you do not have permission to post the URL connection

[ Click here to return to the previous page ]
2019-2-18
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Really upset spend quite a bit of money on something that my DJI OSMO can better!  Is there any support for the Ronin S?
2019-2-18
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 2-16 07:47
I have the same problem. I have Crane 2 at home and the panning is super smooth but on my Ronin S the video is jittery with sudden shakes.  If I slowly pan to the right or to the left the gimbal is just not smooth at all and it's jittery ( left or right ).  It doesn't matter how slow or fast i try to turn it...it just looks awful.  I have Sony A7 III + Tamron 28-75 2.8 but it is the same with any other lens. I have tried everything. I have the latest firmware, the gimbal is perfectly balanced, I've restored gimbal setup, system calibration and I Autotune the motors ( Medium ) every time. I've tried all the options in the smooth track but I can't get normal smooth video.

Yes not impressed so far!  The Crane was far superior and the support was great.   I really do not see how people can run with this thing and keep stable footage.  I cannot even walk without it bobbing and veering left or right.

To top it all I cannot even post my footage!
2019-2-18
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-17 22:24
Hi byronjackson, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, please upload the video to the third party platform like Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link here so that we can check the video for further support, thank you.

Tried not allowed will not allow me to post ANY link from any other platform.  
2019-2-18
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

byronjackson Posted at 2-18 11:14

You have to be Level 2 to post a link on this forum you need to collect 100 points to do that by commenting on other posts...
2019-2-19
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 2-19 04:46
You have to be Level 2 to post a link on this forum  you need to collect 100 points to do that by commenting on other posts...

Lovely keep talking!  
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

byronjackson Posted at 2-18 11:14

Please send me the link via PM. Thanks.
2019-2-20
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Done that Mindy hopefully you have this now
2019-2-20
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please let me know if you can see it?
2019-2-20
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Link to shaky footage
2019-2-20
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Nobody from DJI replayed to my post ....and nobody on PM.
2019-2-21
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

I got the first zhiyun crane and boy does it work good and super smooth. The Ronin S even with double handles i cant walk without it being jumpy. I know noob to this but im about to toss this turd in the trash already.
2019-2-21
Use props
X11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278402 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

My Ronin-S Gimbal is not stable either, my Balance test is the same, I am using Panasonic GH4 with Olympus 12mm/2:0. I have updated my firmware, and don't know what else I can set ?
2019-2-21
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HRPOWWAA Posted at 2-21 08:45
I got the first zhiyun crane and boy does it work good and super smooth. The Ronin S even with double handles i cant walk without it being jumpy. I know noob to this but im about to toss this turd in the trash already.

Its pretty poor ...
2019-2-24
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-20 02:11
Please send me the link via PM. Thanks.

2019-2-24
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Post a couple photos of your camera balanced and set up. The footage doesn't look right and it's definitely not inherent of the footage the Ronin-S is suppose to produce.
2019-2-24
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 2-24 22:26
Post a couple photos of your camera balanced and set up. The footage doesn't look right and it's definitely not inherent of the footage the Ronin-S is suppose to produce.

I have pulled the setup down but will reset yest again later today.   It would appear that I am not to only person who has the issue.  You are correct - the footage looks terrible and all that has been shot on  the gimble has been totally unusable.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi jackson, please reply to one of my posts directly then I will get the notification and reply timely. Please follow the steps below to make a troubleshooting first:
1. Please make sure all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly.
2. Please make sure you have mounted the camera mounting plate and the lens support properly.
3. Please use the default value of Strength, Filter and Control after the AutoTune, decrease the Stiffness value accordingly if the gimbal is still wobbling.
4. If the issue persists, please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered,  press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.

2019-2-25
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 02:06
Hi jackson, please reply to one of my posts directly then I will get the notification and reply timely. Please follow the steps below to make a troubleshooting first:
2. Please make sure you have mounted the camera mounting plate and the lens support properly.

Hi there - I have started to set up from scratch.  I have balanced and YAW, ROLL and PITCH are marked as excellent.  I auto tuned and Pan is at 33 Tilt at 37 and Roll at 32.  All knobs are tight ...  I will look to test out later today and post results

2019-3-1
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 02:06
Hi jackson, please reply to one of my posts directly then I will get the notification and reply timely. Please follow the steps below to make a troubleshooting first:

Here are my settings with the Gimble balanced and centred

2019-3-1
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

From looking at your photos, it seems like you didn't balance the pan axis. Refer to this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172441-1-1.html
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

And this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html
2019-3-1
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 3-1 05:35

OK Paul - I have shifted the arm pretty much back and have carried out the balance test again and all appears excellent.  Will grab some test footage shortly.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_MD3iRPtZwORc
lvl.1
North Macedonia

and what happened in the end? Did you solve this issue?
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

byronjackson Posted at 3-1 02:20
Here are my settings with the Gimble balanced and centred

[view_image]

Hi jackson, please follow Paul's suggestion and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-3-2
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Latest footage after moving the pan axis arm as suggested - still a little shakey but better.  Using the GH4 with a Leica 12-60 OIS Lens.  The arm still seems to not be strong enough to counter any bump whilst walking - which way will I go to strengthen the response?
Any suggestions?

2019-3-3
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_MD3iRPtZwORc Posted at 3-1 13:31

Still working on it - its better but still has some issues.  I am sure it is my setup so am working to get the ideal balance.
2019-3-4
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 02:09
Hi jackson, please follow Paul's suggestion and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

Latest footage after moving the pan axis arm as suggested - still a little shakey but better.  Using the GH4 with a Leica 12-60 OIS Lens.  The arm still seems to not be strong enough to counter any bump whilst walking - which way will I go to strengthen the response?
Any suggestions?

2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

byronjackson Posted at 3-4 14:39
Any suggestions?
https://youtu.be/PRMoWSYNtuM

Hi jackson, I will forward to our engineers to see if they have further resolution, I will keep you updated soon, thanks for your patience.
2019-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

byronjackson Posted at 3-4 14:39
Any suggestions?
https://youtu.be/PRMoWSYNtuM

Hi there, thanks for your patience, here are some suggestions in the vertical stabilization:
1. Keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot.
2. Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking.
3. Set the corresponding SmoothTrack value based on the shooting requirements. You may turn off Roll SmoothTrack.

Please let us know if it helps, thank you.
2019-3-7
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 02:54
Hi there, thanks for your patience, here are some suggestions in the vertical stabilization:
1. Keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot.
2. Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking.

Hi Mindy is that lean forward as in lean the Ronin S slightly forward?  My footage is looking a lot smoother.  
2019-3-7
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paul Posted at 3-1 05:35

Paul this seemed to help a lot! looks a lot smoother! thank you
2019-3-7
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_MD3iRPtZwORc Posted at 3-1 13:31

This helped me a lot ... all seems a lot better now

2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

byronjackson Posted at 3-7 07:30
Hi Mindy is that lean forward as in lean the Ronin S slightly forward?  My footage is looking a lot smoother.

I mean lean forward the gimbal slightly. Practice makes perfect, hope you enjoy filming, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know.
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules