Raw / DNG Files
5376 5 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lalwise1992
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all

I have recently purchased a DJI Osmo Pocket and I have to say it is a very good camera and it takes really good photos; however, I have a problem with the RAW files.

The RAW files appear as DNG on my Mac and am unable to view or edit them.

I have downloaded Adobe DNG Converter and have tried to convert them but that hasn't worked.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is there another something else I could use?

I would be very appreciative of any assistance with this.

Regards.
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it caused. We will check this query to our designated department for further assistance. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Please hit "Reply" if you want to have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-18
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

Use the Mac image viewer 'Preview' or Photoshop, Lightroom, Affinity Photo or any other photo editing software. Don't know why you can't even open it with the Mac image viewer. Which macOS Version do you have?
2019-2-18
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

WOLF Eagle Posted at 2-18 14:02
Use the Mac image viewer 'Preview' or Photoshop, Lightroom, Affinity Photo or any other photo editing software. Don't know why you can't even open it with the Mac image viewer. Which macOS Version do you have?

Try to install the latest Digital camera Raw for macOS. I think your raw drivers might be outdated and need updating.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I've received feedback from our team. Please try to download the Photoshop or Lightroom like WOLF Eagle mentioned to see if that would help. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-2-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I agree with Wolf Eagle.
A Digital NeGative file is an open source raw format and should be easily read by any operating system but in itself is not a picture format. It is an instruction set on how to produce a picture which normally has to be read by an editing program. Within a raw file, there is a low-resolution jpg embedded that an operating system with the correct file codecs should be able to reproduce. As Wolf Eagle suggests, see if there is an updated codec pack for your operating system. Failing that any editing package capable of editing DNG files should put the correct codec on your system.
The DNG converter from Adobe converts proprietary raw files from various camera manufacturers such as Canon and Nikon to the open source DNG format so that it's older versions of Photoshop can use raw formats from newer cameras without having to update the program.
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules