What are your thoughts????
1346 16 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Just saw this video on YouTube with a Mavic Pro cutting up a Hornets nest.

Just my opinion but I don't think it was a good use for the drone or for Drone pilots reputation.

2019-2-16
Use props
DROHNEN.DANIEL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761447 ft
Germany

It`s impressive, that the drone don't get damage after that torture.

But the video itself...this is pure horror. The pilot is an a**hole.
Serious...
2019-2-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

At least it was ''Enviromentally Friendly'', as in No posions used.
2019-2-16
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

John, stay out of there
2019-2-16
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2-16 09:49
John, stay out of there

Lasse,
I am surprised that the guys MP motors didn't get gummed up. Also surprised no one got stung. I remember  years ago I was cutting grass and saw a hornets nest in the trees. Also saw that the hornets had a good view of me and one of them took aim at my temple. Needless to say I wasn't feeling so good after that.
Hope everything is well with you?

John
2019-2-16
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

B1houdini Posted at 2-16 10:12
Lasse,
I am surprised that the guys MP motors didn't get gummed up. Also surprised no one got stung. I remember  years ago I was cutting grass and saw a hornets nest in the trees. Also saw that the hornets had a good view of me and one of them took aim at my temple. Needless to say I wasn't feeling so good after that.
Hope everything is well with you?

I have had similar experiences like that, not so "crowded" as this looks.

We just have to "bee" careful, don't we?

I'm perfectly fine thank you. The temp here is preventing me from beeing airborne at that season,
It was minus 33 degrees C some days ago and now its +3 but 22Meters per sekond in wind so I will wait a little bit.  

Hope you are doing good as well John
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day B1houdini. Thank you for sharing this video. Just a friendly reminder that doing these activities on your drone might damage the drone and it's components. Thank you.
2019-2-16
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 10:33
Hello and good day B1houdini. Thank you for sharing this video. Just a friendly reminder that doing these activities on your drone might damage the drone and it's components. Thank you.

Stephen,
You are so right about these types of activities with drones. Hopefully others are more respectful toward their drone then this guy was.
Have a good day
2019-2-16
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

it's absolutely irresponsible
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

B1houdini Posted at 2-16 11:02
Stephen,
You are so right about these types of activities with drones. Hopefully others are more respectful toward their drone then this guy was.
Have a good day

It is my pleasure B1houdini. We should not just be respectful towards our drone but most specially have to be respectful with nature as well.
2019-2-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really . Why?
2019-2-16
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

What an absolute wanker... Why was there a need to destroy this ? Pity they did not retaliate and sting the crap out of him... I am allergic to bees and what not but I would not go out of my wayto destroy their nest unless I felt threatened...
2019-2-16
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

What an absolute wanker... Why was there a need to destroy this ? Pity they did not retaliate and sting the crap out of him... I am allergic to bees and what not but I would not go out of my wayto destroy their nest unless I felt threatened...
2019-2-16
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Any questions about "Are the propellers dangeruus?"  Let us not forget how the ant has adapted.  $800.00 or $900.00 to chop up a hornet's nest, I can use it for better things.
2019-2-16
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

I wouldn't have used a drone in that manner to remove a hornet's nest.
2019-2-16
Use props
GoldenSun2
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Well doesn't look like a good idea, especially since the buzzing of the drones already attracts bugs...
2019-2-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Lol looked in the comment and found this: The way the Mavic buzzes, they probably think it is their god or something lmao.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules