OSMO POCKET floating on tripod?
1507 6 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanDaven
lvl.1
Austria

My Osmo Pocket has the tendency to "float" over time when recording from a fixed position (tripod, table stand, whatever...). Not by a huge amount, bit it still floats around, it is easy to recognize when fast forwarding or jumping at different time points in the recording.

I already calibrated it several times which helps nothing.

Any idea whether my unit is faulty or is that behavior normal?

In case this behavior is normal, it would be great if DJI would give us the possibility to "lock down" the motors so the floating disappears.

Thanks a lot,

cheers!
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. May I know if the firmware of your Osmo Pocket is updated to the latest version? Also, can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In what mode are you recording ie follow FPV or tilt lock or is it with all modes ?
2019-2-16
Use props
VanDaven
lvl.1
Austria

Thanks a lot for the responses - happens in all modes, latest firmware applied, calibrated etc.
As I said, maybe the float is normal, please take a look here:

vimeo.com/317813353

Thanks a lot!
2019-2-17
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

It happens to me too. Also, when handholding with slow follow mode, the camera slightly swing back and forth a few times before stopping when I slowly move gimbal one point to another. My Zhiyun smooth 3 with iphone works better than this. I think I'm going to return it.
2019-2-18
Use props
jedp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am getting this too.. just walking, or sepcially in a car (passenger), my habd is still but it just floats left or right when it feels like it

Seems to be g-force based... If I am compeltely still I don't get the issue

And I have tried every mode too...

Very frustrating when it strays and you want it to stay (yes you can click to focus on a far point, but that only works in a straight line)
2019-2-19
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

This is one of the common issues of Gimbal .wish there was an accessory to lock it into its place .Specially while doing Normal  time-lapses  .
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules