Too many accessories for OP - Should be included.
494 3 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

I got OP and updated lastest firmware yesterday. While I like it as compact form factor, I'm not fond of getting wireless module and tripod mount adapter as accessories. Most cameras these day have wifi built in, even Gopro Hero 7 does. Why not Osmo Pocket? I'd prefer the body of OP an inch longer and bit wider so that wireless module can be included and easier to handhold.

Talking about tripod mount adapter, there are many on amazon but I like Polarpro design, but it's plastic. Anyone has exeperience with Polarpro tripod mount ?

2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AndyUS19. Thank you for sharing your insights about the DJI Osmo Pocket. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the unit and of it's accessories. Thank you.
2019-2-16
Use props
seldom_static
lvl.2
United States

I just reviewed most of PolarPro's Osmo Pocket accessories including their tripod mount. It definitely has some quirks related to the way you insert/remove the OP and the bottom 1/4-20 thread renders the USB-C port useless when mounted. Other than that, it works well and still allows you to attach your phone to the OP whereas their action mount doesn't (but has more mounting points and is easier to insert/remove).

2019-2-16
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, I agree with your observation that more accessories should have been included with the "base" OP.  At a minimum a tripod mount and a base.  FWIW, it was the same story with the original Osmo (while it has a 1/4-20 threaded, it is a goofy knurled double locking design that wouldn't mount to a tripod without VERY expensive adapters).  So, DJI really was consistant (not customer friendly) on that matter!  And having a design that would use either the GoPro OR 1/4-20 would have been brilliant.

Love the PolarPro Tripod mount.  Now that I have both the DJI mount (with the GoPro style mounts) I find that the PolarPro is the most versatile and flexible.

1- You don't have to remove the PP to use the Control Wheel.  2-You don't need a second adapter to mount it to a tripod.  3-The extra 1/4-20 mount lets other adapters for lights or an upgraded mic possible without adding more adapters to the adapters. 4-The bottom has two 'loop' connectors which allow the addition of a STRAP to the Pocket!!  All in all I wouldn't waste $$ on the DJI version.  While I'll be using mine with the countless GoPro accessories, I'll still leave the GoPro version attached most of the time.

In addition, note that some of the gimbal protectors won't fit with the PolarPro Tripod mount.  The PgyTech can be placed, but removing it is very tight and risks putting to much pressure on the gimbal.  Strongly consider the PolarPro version as it was designed to work with the Tripod Mount.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules