NEW SPARK NEED HELP
745 5 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hello fellow Pilots!  I just got a new Spark and have questions on charging the battery and RC.
Well for starters mine didn’t come with a cable only the small square white charging hub with USB connection.
I’ve been reading and am more confused.
1)- Do you have to have a large rectangular usually black in coler charging adapter like the ones with my P3?
2)- Can I use any chord that has micro USB on one end and standard USB on the other end using the small white adapter I got with the Drone and plug straight into outlet?
3)- The RC plugin looks very odd not like a micro USB. I’m thinking about ordering a cable on Amazon that says it’s good for Mavic, Mavic Pro and Spark. Is this a good ideal?.
4- Can I charge the battery with a chord with a micro USB on one end and standard USB on the other end plugged into the small white adapter and plugged into outlet?
Thanks in advance for the help and any other advice you can give me on getting started flying this little Gem!

TCDrone

2019-2-16
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

A good quality USB to micro cable with a 2ma charging block will do both jobs. (aircraft and controller).
2019-2-16
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can plug the white brick into the wall, USB end of the cable into that and the drone to charge the battery.
You can do the same for the controller but just be mindful of how you try to plug that one in.
Although it cannot put the cable into the controller backwards, it can be damaged if you try to put it in backwards.
You really need to get the 3 battery charging bay from DJI that would normally come with the FlyMore package.
Reason being it is over 2 hours charge time per battery using the charging brick connected to the Spark
On the flip side, less than one hour for the 3 battery charging bay...all three at once!
https://store.dji.com/product/spark-battery-charging-hub

2019-2-16
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

that is weird that it did not come with a cable. did you get fly more or controller combo? the RC charges with the same cable as the drone
2019-2-17
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

pmshop Posted at 2-16 23:03
You can plug the white brick into the wall, USB end of the cable into that and the drone to charge the battery.
You can do the same for the controller but just be mindful of how you try to plug that one in.
Although it cannot put the cable into the controller backwards, it can be damaged if you try to put it in backwards.

I confirm the battery charger is very usefull
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The battery and remote controller can be charged by using the micro USB cable and USB charger. However, I would like to ask where did you purchase your unit and what type of package it is? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules