470 3 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonas_Mavic_Air
New
Flight distance : 14029 ft
Sweden

Hi there,
Fly a Air since a couple of month, this week it started to act strange with very unstable behaviour when hoovering. Have done calibration af IMU, sensors and RC, now much better but not as rocksteady after unpacking from the box. When hoovering it moves slightly back and fourth. Any suggestion to further improve the stability?

Also, today when testing after several calibrations I notices that when after taking it up to altitude of +25 m and then taking it down the descent speed initially was really low (0,3-0,2 m/s) in the beginning but increased to approx 0,5 m/s the last 8-10 m. It also  seemed to lock itself in descent mode even after allowing the controlstick go back to neutral position. I had to break the downward movement by a short and quick upward adjustment with the controlstick to halt it to hoovering. Why this strange beahviour? Not something I recognised from before? The weather during testing was a little bit foggy, could this have anyting to do with it? Also, I resetted the aircrafto to factory settings before the final testing but still the same.

Sincerely
Jonas

2019-2-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you mention foggy it may have been vision positioning system was slightly confused.. does it happen to wonder around in clear bright sunny days too or just low light and/or foggy?   

If it happens on clear bright days then you may want to consider new props.     I have a similar issue on mavic air, but mine resolves itself after a moment of drifting and confusion like the software on my vision system crashes and restarts..

2019-2-17
Use props
Jonas_Mavic_Air
New
Flight distance : 14029 ft
Sweden

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-17 03:33
Since you mention foggy it may have been vision positioning system was slightly confused.. does it happen to wonder around in clear bright sunny days too or just low light and/or foggy?   

If it happens on clear bright days then you may want to consider new props.     I have a similar issue on mavic air, but mine resolves itself after a moment of drifting and confusion like the software on my vision system crashes and restarts..

Yes, weatherconditions might be one answer to my problems, will retry during more favourable conditions. Also, will try brand new props, did change props but not brandnew ones…

The varible descentspeed is still a mystery though…..

J

2019-2-17
Use props
Fendert
lvl.2
United States

Did you have GPS lock on 8 or more satellites?  
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules