3272 4 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Is there a trick to reliably calibrate Ronin-S Focus motor range with photo lens (no hard stops, such as Sigma Art, Canon L and similar)?
As far as I learned only way to calibrate is to simulate stops by catching right moment to grab lens firmly by hand while motor performs auticalibration! How on Earth can I catch it in right moment in both directions? That seems extremely clumsy and  it’s not precise for any professional work.
After all motor looses calibration once its turned off! Silly!
Are there any ideas?
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DrMrdalj, for the lens without a mechanical limit, calibration must be done manually at the moment and it must be calibrated every time it is powered on, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-2-18
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 22:54
Hi DrMrdalj, for the lens without a mechanical limit, calibration must be done manually at the moment and it must be calibrated every time it is powered on, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

DJI Mindy, I am aware that calibration is to be done manually. What I ask is: is there any procedure for photo (no hard stop) lenses to manually calibrate without hand grabbing lans while it rotates? Is there any method to manually rotate lens to close and infinity points like with DJI Focus?
2019-2-25
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 22:54
Hi DrMrdalj, for the lens without a mechanical limit, calibration must be done manually at the moment and it must be calibrated every time it is powered on, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

DJI Mindy, I am aware that calibration is to be done manually. What I ask is: is there any procedure for photo (no hard stop) lenses to manually calibrate without hand grabbing lans while it rotates? Is there any method to manually rotate lens to close and infinity points like with DJI Focus?
2019-2-25
Use props
cruggiero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18930 ft
United States

No response to this? Did you ever figure out a better way to manually calibrate?
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules