Phone screen flips upside down when recording under slung.
3582 4 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomm Dool
lvl.1
Canada

Ok so I have my Pocket attached to the bottom side of my C-Hand Carrier (I know it has a proper name I can remember)

On top I have my S9+ mounted and attanced to the Pocket via a USB-C cable to a USB-C adpator on the Bottom USB-C port of the Pocket.

Works great for hand held control and all works great untill I flip around the Pocket to undersling it to get nice low ground shots without killing my back.

When I flip it down it corrects it self on the screen of my cellphone.  SO I see an upright image.  But as soon as I hit record the screen flips and shows me the upside down view.  Making it hard to align my shots as it is setup to do.  Why does it do this?  Why would it preview correctly but then flip reverse once I start recording.  Is there a setting I am missing or something that DJI should look at as I know I must not be the only one doing this.  When I play it back it looks as it should.  It is fusterating.  This should not be doing this
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tomm Dool. Welcome to DJI Forum and I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung S9+. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung S9+ will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung S9+ when in use with the DJI Mimo application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-18
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 09:18
Hello and good day Tomm Dool. Welcome to DJI Forum and I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung S9+. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung S9+ will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung S9+ when in use with the DJI Mimo application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello DJI Stephen

I recently found I had the same issue as Tomm Dool using my iPhone Xs and my iPhone 6s plus both devices are on the compatible list and both behave the same way neither rotate the MIMO Screen when Device is held upside down when operating the Osmo Pocket

iPhone Apps generally rotate the screen to the orientation of the device the MIMO App does not follow this Norm

I have this problem with the WIFI Module and when connected using a Cable

Iam sorry to say ... This problem is with the MIMO App and not the device being used ...
2019-2-18
Use props
Tomm Dool
lvl.1
Canada

Hello and good day Tomm Dool. Welcome to DJI Forum and I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung S9+. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung S9+ will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung S9+ when in use with the DJI Mimo application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I do find it silly that Samsung products are not on your list seeing it is a direct competitor to the Iphones.  More so then any other device out there.

Its not a phone issue as I have heard others having the same issue.  It is the app trying to compensate for the OP being upside down, which works when my phone is connected directly to it and is upside down with it.  But when you use an extension cable to keep you phone stable and oriented normally, there should be an option not to flip the screen when recording, or at least see the Gyros in the phone are not inverted and disable this feature it's self.  It is just a small oversight, but needs to be addressed by DJI
2019-2-22
Use props
Tomm Dool
lvl.1
Canada

[view_image]

Here is a video to show you what is going on.  It does it with my daughters Iphone10 as well.  Its an app thing and needs to be addressed.  
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules