Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
In-depth Customer Service Experience in DJI Flagship Store
12Next >
10761 41 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cody KO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1427 ft

How I Crashed My Mavic 2

Last month I went on a short trip to Guangzhou with my friend. Unfortunately, whilst I was there my Mavic 2 Pro crashed when I was bringing it in for a manual landing under a tree. But at about 70ft altitude my drone fell straight down and got tangled in the branches, before finally crashing into a pile of cement.

1.jpg

I’m not sure how this happened. I thought maybe I must of inadvertently hit the RTH button and it was trying to go for its return altitude, but it's not supposed to do that low altitude. Whatever the case may be, the head of my Mavic 2 Pro was completely cracked. The right gear was totally damaged. The only comfort was that I got it without diving into some mysterious water or climbing onto a cliff.

After I almost got over the panic of crashing my drone, I started to realize my M2P was not bound to any DJI Care refresh plan! My panic soon turned to rage as I cursed myself for not spending the extra $139 to get it insured.

So if you are like me and are trying to save some cash and think you are too good for insurance, believe me and let me be evidence, you are not! Buy the insurance, you will no doubt thank yourself later for it!

Booking for Quick Service

At first, I was worrying and hoping to figure out what to do next. I know that there are some flagship stores here in China that can provide a quick maintenance service, but my drone was the US version, so I wasn't sure they'd take it in for repair. Then I contacted DJI Support through email, and they kindly provided me with the following two choices:

•      Send it in for repair. As I was in Guangzhou, my M2p will be sent to the DJI Shenzhen warehouse, and it’ll probably take 5 days to have it back.
•      Go to the Shenzhen flagship store to have a quick repair. It’ll take only 2 hours if I choose the quick service.

Anyway, as I was not so far from Shenzhen, I decided to take a little detour and head to Shenzhen DJI Flagship Store.

Then I tried to ask one of my Chineses friends to make a fast service management booking on the DJI official repair website.

Here are some useful tips for you:

•      If your drones got broken, smashed or whatever while you are in China, going to the flagship store would be the best choice. Their after sales team will basically REPLACE your drone with a new one instead of fixing it for god knows how long. So, if your drone was not that badly broken (this means it won’t generate so much maintenance fee), you can get a new drone at a fairly acceptable cost.

•      As far as I know, DJI has both Authorized and Recommended Service Centers in over 100 countries. It’s probably not very convenient for most guys to come over to China, then the DJI service centers (https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers ) will also be a good choice.

Visit Shenzhen DJI Flagship Store

I successfully made a quick service appointment online, and arrived at their store. The entire building was very futuristic.

2-2.JPG
Shenzhen DJI Flagship Store

I went into the store and some DJI staff named Davy received me. After a short conversation, he had a quick check on my M2p, to see if my SD card was still in. As I possess so many DJI products from Phantom 4 to their latest Osmo Pocket, I asked a lot of questions and the DJI Customer service staff was patient and professional enough to clear all my doubts.

3.jpeg
DJI after sales staff checking my crashed Mavic 2 pro

DJI Customer Service

In DJI Flagship Store, the main service mode would be QUICK REPLACEMENT, I guess they want to do it in the most convenient way for customers. So even though my drone was very damaged, they solved my problem in less than an hour.

In about 30 minutes, I got my quotation from them:  
5.png
4.jpeg

This is their official explanation for the replacement product. I saw many guys online complaining about the refurbished drones from DJI, but it is actually not a problem to me. Finally I paid about 3133 RMB ($480) for the repair fee. Though the price is a bit high, I got my problem solved real quick without any further hassle. Besides, the new product will receive extra 90-day warranty. I think this is somewhat worth it.  In about 1 hour, I got the replaced new Mavic 2 Pro and I was ready to take it home!

6-6.JPG

7.JPG
dji flagship store inner space

Here are some more tips about how the quick service goes at DJI Store:

•      In DJI flagship store, they won’t accept selective maintenance! So if they detected other errors that you were unaware of before, they’ll charge you for that part also. So, the best advice I can give you is:
DJI CARE REFRESH is a must-have if you are not much of a well-practiced pilot.
•      If you expect to finish all the procedure and get your new replacement within an hour, make sure you make an appointment for their quick service on DJI Support page before your visit. Otherwise, you may have to wait behind those who have made reservations.

The whole customer service experience is fast and smooth. I felt that DJI after sales staff know how to treat their customer right and think in their shoes. After they learnt about my situation, they explained everything to me patiently, and also sent me an extra 3 month warranty (though this can only be applied in Mainland China). So I really hope they can keep up their excellent service.

Finally after I got my new Mavic 2 pro, and I flew it right away around the Shenzhen Flagship Store. Hope you guys like the clip:

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Cody, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear everything works smoothly as expected. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2019-2-18
Use props
Hartyaj
First Officer
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Thanks for sharing your experience, how cool does the DJI store in Shenzhen look.
2019-2-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thats was cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-18
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

very interesting story thanks for the info
2019-2-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-18
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

This is a cool story.... was thinking as I watched this, would be ridculus if this store was in a NFZ ;) but looks like you could launch and test it before getting back to your trip.  Not a bad deal to get a replacement for a 1/3 of new cost.
2019-2-18
Use props
Sky Carrier
Captain
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Great service and nice clip. Thanks for sharing
2019-2-18
Use props
gddemirdizen
lvl.1

Turkey

This is a cool story.... was thinking as I watched this, would be ridculus if this store was in a NFZ ;) but looks like you could launch and test it before getting back to your trip.  Not a bad deal to get a replacement for a 1/3 of new cost.
2019-2-18
Use props
Roy Rogers
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I read and watched it all
2019-2-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Lot of damage from just 7 ft!
2019-2-18
Use props
MichealMedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Geez! Your mavic 2 was so smashed
Have never been to any of their flagship store, it looks pretty cool!
2019-2-18
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
Captain
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Thanks for sharing this.  I aslo had good experience with dji customer service once.
My dji care refresh is US version, I suppose it can't be applied in China flagship store?
2019-2-18
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

Bjs_express Posted at 2-18 07:21

Yeah. The quick service thing can save you from the endless repair procedures.
Hope they can have more flagship stores
2019-2-18
Use props
Szydddhzlyn111
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Wow, DJI Flagship store looks so nice.
2019-2-18
Use props
Estelle Lau
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Not bad, DJI Customer Service. You must take a long time to write this post. DJI should give you a reward, haha.
2019-2-19
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow, what a cool story. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-2-19
Use props
Jacob Williams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I crashed my Spark and it was totaled. For some reason the DJI GO 4 App said "your Spark has been activated for less than 48 hours, you can still buy DJI care refresh", even though my Spark was almost over a year old. So I quickly bought the refresh and got my drone repaired for about 90$ instead of having it replaced for probably 300$.
2019-2-19
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

Estelle Lau Posted at 2-19 00:53
Not bad, DJI Customer Service. You must take a long time to write this post. DJI should give you a reward, haha.

Not getting any free accessories or drones or for sharing this, though I wouldn't mind if they do, lol
2019-2-19
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

Jacob Williams Posted at 2-19 15:39
I crashed my Spark and it was totaled. For some reason the DJI GO 4 App said "your Spark has been activated for less than 48 hours, you can still buy DJI care refresh", even though my Spark was almost over a year old. So I quickly bought the refresh and got my drone repaired for about 90$ instead of having it replaced for probably 300$.

That's awesome!
2019-2-19
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

I have read a bunch of forum post and get the general feeling that DJI tends to try and make the customer happy. DAMN I wish I knew what DJI refresh was and activated when I got my drone. I did not and now I am too lazy to do the video to buy the refresh. Live and learn. So all you thinking about a DJI drone - get refresh or some type of insurance. And practice flying a lot!

My Page

2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jonatan.C.N Posted at 2-18 19:28
Thanks for sharing this.  I aslo had good experience with dji customer service once.
My dji care refresh is US version, I suppose it can't be applied in China flagship store?

Hi Jonatan, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. If you purchased the US DJI Care Refresh, I'm afraid that it cannot be applied in China flagship store, sorry about this.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 2-19 15:39

Hi Jacob, could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the exact status, thank you!
2019-2-19
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surprized with the amount of damage to the drone from just 7 foot ?!
2019-2-19
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Such a beautiful fairy tale!
2019-2-20
Use props
DarkAngel
New

Philippines

This was the coolest story I ever read,
2019-2-20
Use props
DarkAngel
New

Philippines

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-20 00:09
Such a beautiful fairy tale!

Yeah
2019-2-20
Use props
Jacob Williams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-19 22:31
Hi Jacob, could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the exact status, thank you!

No can do Ma'am
2019-2-20
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Sounds like u got duped cause it wasn’t your fault? How could it just fall out of the sky directly due to the pilot? (Except for CSC kill switch). I think your M2P was either faulty or you hit the tree without knowing, or you triggered CSC. I don’t know if CSC can be triggered on M2P though.
2019-2-20
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

PWidmayer Posted at 2-19 20:05
I have read a bunch of forum post and get the general feeling that DJI tends to try and make the customer happy. DAMN I wish I knew what DJI refresh was and activated when I got my drone. I did not and now I am too lazy to do the video to buy the refresh. Live and learn. So all you thinking about a DJI drone - get refresh or some type of insurance. And practice flying a lot!

My Page

Same here. Dji care refresh may save you from all the hassels. It cost me $480 to realize this
2019-2-21
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

Aerial-Image Posted at 2-19 23:36
Surprized with the amount of damage to the drone from just 7 foot ?!

It's a typo. It was 70ft, just corrected it. It got tangled with a tall banyan if I‘m not mistaken’.
2019-2-21
Use props
Cody KO
Second Officer

Guorium Posted at 2-20 20:54
Sounds like u got duped cause it wasn’t your fault? How could it just fall out of the sky directly due to the pilot? (Except for CSC kill switch). I think your M2P was either faulty or you hit the tree without knowing, or you triggered CSC. I don’t know if CSC can be triggered on M2P though.

The sensors can't really dect the thin branches, so it got tangled with it and fell straight down. It was my fault to take the risk of landing beside a tree.
2019-2-21
Use props
Techdoughboy
lvl.1

It's  like you paid $480 to get a new drone and a visit in DJI flagship store. Not bad!
2019-2-21
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Cody KO Posted at 2-21 22:29
The sensors can't really dect the thin branches, so it got tangled with it and fell straight down. It was my fault to take the risk of landing beside a tree.

Yes makes sense now.
2019-2-22
Use props
VikramDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 543763 ft
  • >>>
India

Hi Cody,

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Thanks,
Vikram
2019-2-23
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

so the replacement drone was not  in the original package , but not activated  does it mean it was once own by someone and returned, repaired and deactivated  then placed on the self as a replacement ?
2019-2-24
Use props
Jackie Beck
lvl.1

United States

Cool experience. Their customer service's not bad.
2019-2-25
Use props
spidersilver007
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Dji store looks so cool!  And the time-lapse video is pertty smooth.
2019-2-25
Use props
fans0adc9432
New
United States

Just wanted to comment that I crashed my Mavic and was extremely pleased with the process for getting it repaired.  Alec was my representative and kept me informed the entire time, which wasn’t long.  I was concerned as I had heard bad things about DJI’s repair service.  It was extremely easy and the pricing was cheaper than I expected.  Awesome experience all the way around, except for the crashing part.  
2019-2-26
Use props
JC17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14977 ft
Australia

Bummer!  I had a similar experience with my new Mavic Air.  Returning to land (manually - so watching the drone - not the screen) about 5 m away when it suddenly, and for no apparent reason it just dropped from the sky! :-( I tried to fly it again straight after but kept getting a CPU Over-temperature error.  I sent it back for repair and paid for the service.  I asked for a data analysis and it was confirmed that the fault was caused by a cooling module or sensor failure. At least it was not something that I had done - which for a new owner is always a concern.  Now hoping to get a refund for the repairs under warranty - waiting waiting..! The drone was however repaired (replaced I think) and returned very quickly - great service.
2019-2-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules