Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad support experience
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Delta Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408471 ft
France

Hello DJI team.
I writing you because we really not understand and not appreciate the answers off your support in NL.

To explaining the context :
We bought a Phantom 4 pro Obsidian to make mapping in quarry and mine and inspection industrial.
After some flights we encounter a problem with the drone.
We didn’t have power in the rights motors. We decided to send this drone in SAV because it still on warranty.

After a moment we receive a notification  (Ref :CAS-2727321-F1H0T3)
“Remark: No Warranty[Phantom 4 pro Platinum] -Physical Damage: the upper and middle shell is scratched -Function Damage the right ESC board(Right) malfunction”

I was a bit surprise when I receive this message because we never crash or have any incident with this drone, so I ask for a picture of the “Physical Damage”

scratch.jpg

Yes that the “Physical Damage”, personally I call that a very slight superficial scratch.
And I really don’t understand how a superficial scratch like this can make an ESC failure.

For information I’m a mecatronique technician and I work with the drones since 7 years
So i ask your team for more explication and some logs (because I know the quantity of log you have)

“Hello DJI team,
We received your observation about our DJI Phantom 4 pro Obsidian (Ref :CAS-2727321-F1H0T3)
We usually use this drone for topographic missions in mines and quarries, so this very slight superficial scratch is only a consequence of a normal use when preparing your material in this kind of environment.
As we have never had any crash with this drone, could you please send us a log or any other piece of evidence establishing a causal link between this superficial scratch and the esc failure?
Best regard"

And then we receive a long answer with lies and no real explanation :

“Dear Adrien,
Many thanks for your message and my apologies for the long wait. I have had to double check the assessment made by the Engineers to properly inform you.
The issue you have experienced is caused by the ESC being damaged. The scratch we found is exactly on the same spot where the ESC resides in the unit. We argue fully that whatever caused that scratch did also impact the ESC, causing it to malfunction.
From the job description I would indeed support this theory. At the moment of the minor impact it would have appeared to be superficial, but the unit, being an intricate piece of parts and electricity, was damaged slightly in the process.
Hence why our Engineers decides to not attribute this defect to a manufacturing defect.
Hope to have informed you.
Kind Regards,
To track your repair status:
For any further questions, please feel free to let me know.
Best regards,
DJI NL Support”

Do you see what I mean ?
“The scratch we found is exactly on the same spot where the ESC resides in the unit “

open.jpg

Come on guys you think I never open a phantom 4 pro or what ?

“At the moment of the minor impact it would have appeared to be superficial, but the unit, being an intricate piece of parts and electricity, was damaged slightly in the process.”
The electonique part nearly to the “impact” is the LED after 2 cm…

So yes maybe the problem is our fault but I would like to hear a real information with log  and no
“I have had to double check the assessment made by the Engineers to properly inform you”
I don’t know what get me more angry, the fact your team lie or the fact they didn’t answer properly to my mail…
So right know we need to pay to change this right ESC board and for us is really not normal !

I really don’t know what you can do for us, but this kind of work is not worthy of the world's leading drones company.
A word to the wise

Best regard
Adrien
open.jpg
scratch.jpg
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-2-18
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't say I'm surprised, but that doesn't make the way this was handled so far any less inappropriate or unacceptable. Stick to your guns Delta Drone! Hopefully with DJI Diana's help you can get this sorted.

But the reality is, that a less experienced. less savvy customer would likely just have accepted the initial notification, and that's just not right.
2019-2-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks a small bit more than superficial to me.  How did it happen?
2019-2-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a wall graze perhaps, if so i bet the prop didnt fair as well lol,
hope you get this sorted chap....
2019-2-18
Use props
Droniese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 408471 ft
France

ALABAMA Posted at 2-18 15:30
Looks a small bit more than superficial to me.  How did it happen?

This scratch is when we prepared the phantom 4 we accroach the arm on a rock with our hand when the drone was turning off.
But is less than 2mm is really superficial...
2019-2-19
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good Luck. They will blame you at every opportunity. I am still sore from the new one they created in handling my V2.0. that never crashed or was never mishandled. No scratches, nor marks, but voila you beat it with a hammer before you sent it in. Might as well have said that. The cost was all mine. it was 2 months old, sent in for a software issue they could not explain. Just their story and they stuck to it and stuck it to me.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules