Using Ronin S follow focus attachment on zoom ring
2977 1 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormyclicks
lvl.1

India

Hi,

I've been trying to get answers to this question all over the internet but couldn't find one.

Wondering if it's possible to use the Ronin s follow focus accessory can be used on the zoom ring instead of the focus ring.
Does the motor have enough strength to rotate the Zoom ring of, let's say a 24-70 f2.8 lens.

I've been wanting to hack it this way cause today most of the professional DSLRs have very good auto focus.
This would greatly help anyone with a zoom lens to not be fixed at a particular focal length.
I know that zooming would make the camera front heavy and reduce the battery life.

But as I mentioned, I wanna use this as a hack. This hit on the battery life is something am not really bothered abt.

I've also been so intrigated towards the ziyun crane 3 lab that has zoom and focus rings this inbuilt.
But I don't really need both focus and zoom controls as cameras like sony are pretty good at auto focus.

If the Ronin S follow focus accessory has the strength to rotate the lens' zoom ring, it'll be killer and still not be as heavy as ziyun crane 3 lab.
Existing owners of Ronin S with Follow focus accessory, please try on a zoom lens and post results. May be a video as well.

Thanks
2019-2-18
Use props
01Kuzma
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi!
So much time has passed but no one has answered.
Do you have any results?
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules