Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Would You like To See In Future Firmware?
12Next >
6914 72 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cheesey1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The 1.4.02 Firware is great, with the PRO options now available along with the Cinelike-D profile, but what other additions and improvements would users like to see implemented in future firmware?

Firstly I'd like all the PRO options available on the device directly, currently I cant see the noise reduction option for instance on the device only in the Mimi app. Also it would be good to have 1/3 stop increments in the ISO, since if shooting manually with the 180 degree rule the only option for shooting (especially on sunny days) is ND filters and some times one stop changes can still lead to under or over exposure so a more granular control of ISO could accomadate this.

An improvement in continuous AF would be welcome, but next best option would be the choice of a quick setting for the hyperfocal distance (which by my calaculation is somewhere around the 2.2metre mark) but a dedicated option HFD along with AFS and AFC in the settings would be useful.

The ability to use the 100Mb/s quality on more resolutions and frame rates would be great, and any increase in this 100Mb/s cap would be very welcome if the Micro SD card can handle it.

An even flatter profile would be a nice option but think the 8bit footage and 4:2:0 color might not be up to any serious grading (although Filmic Pro manage it on the latest iPhones).

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cheesey1. Thank you for sharing you insights and these information with us today. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-18
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 08:39
Hello and good day Cheesey1. Thank you for sharing you insights and these information with us today. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and of the DJI Mimo application. Thank you for your support.

Can you please suggest the following to your team:  Allow the Mimo app to change orientation without looking upside down.  It looks like the Mimo app was designed to have the Osmo Pocket to the right of the phone (next to the phone connector) but when I change the orientation of my phone (phone connector to the left) the Mimo app is upside down.  Sometimes I mount the osmo pocket wirelessly to the left side of the iPhone so I can use the controller wheel with my left hand.  With this setup, the Mimo app is upside down.  Thanks.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joemar7 Posted at 2-18 09:46
Can you please suggest the following to your team:   Allow the Mimo app to change orientation without looking upside down.  It looks like the Mimo app was designed to have the Osmo Pocket to the right of the phone (next to the phone connector) but when I change the orientation of my phone (phone connector to the left) the Mimo app is upside down.  Sometimes I mount the osmo pocket wirelessly to the left side of the iPhone so I can use the controller wheel with my left hand.  With this setup, the Mimo app is upside down.  Thanks.

Hello and good day Joemar7. Thank you for the additional information. I will definitely add this information/thread to the request I will be sending our DJI R&D Team. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-18
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 09:51
Hello and good day Joemar7. Thank you for the additional information. I will definitely add this information/thread to the request I will be sending our DJI R&D Team. Thank you for your support.

Thank you.  I forgot to mention that this solution will help not having my phone bracket touching on the volume and power button so changing orientation does help.  
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joemar7 Posted at 2-18 09:54
Thank you.  I forgot to mention that this solution will help not having my phone bracket touching on the volume and power button so changing orientation does help.

You are very much welcome Joemar7. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-2-18
Use props
zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joemar7 Posted at 2-18 09:46
Can you please suggest the following to your team:  Allow the Mimo app to change orientation without looking upside down.  It looks like the Mimo app was designed to have the Osmo Pocket to the right of the phone (next to the phone connector) but when I change the orientation of my phone (phone connector to the left) the Mimo app is upside down.  Sometimes I mount the osmo pocket wirelessly to the left side of the iPhone so I can use the controller wheel with my left hand.  With this setup, the Mimo app is upside down.  Thanks.

Thanks for bring this up

Was just about to post the same issue RE the MIMO app does not change orientation with the device
( iPhone Xs & iPhone 6s plus )
2019-2-18
Use props
fans28bed6c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12313 ft
United States

Pro mode camera presets.
The ability to save and load presets
Would be great to have community shareable presets
Presets should include:
Low light
Action shots
Day light
Low light action
Vblog
Cinematic
Etc.
2019-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s not a pro camera, but someday we might see a pro model and we will see many of these proposals adopted, but I’m not to sure how much more  CPU can operate safely without interfering with what’s already there.

On thing I would like to see is AEB and I don’t think this would be a problem to present cpu .
2019-2-18
Use props
jordier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

The option of being able to block the gimgal with the right button of the control wheel accessory is very interesting, but I would also like this option to be in the Mimo application and not have to be continuously pressing this button, sometimes it is not possible if They have in a stick installed.
2019-2-18
Use props
DjDaxx
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see live-streaming available.
2019-2-18
Use props
djiuser_Qy5rfICxTbf3
lvl.1
United States

Can we have shutter speed slower than frame rate enabled when shooting video? I am a lazy time lapse shooter.
2019-2-18
Use props
bsmpower
lvl.3
Netherlands

2.7K recording support like their drones.
2019-2-18
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

bsmpower Posted at 2-18 23:58
2.7K recording support like their drones.

Time lapse interval desired 2, 1 and 0.5 seconds
2019-2-19
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Germany

Time lapse interval desired 2, 1 and 0.5 seconds
2019-2-19
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Nothing ... I am happy with this little thing ... hmmm, perhaps a 30x zoom ?  
2019-2-19
Use props
Yanncd French yellow vest
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

suppress the BEEP, activate usb-c  microphone, allow to see the OP as a external device while connected to a computer (mac, pc, ...), zoom,
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

Please an update that can turn on/off beep sound when hit the record button..cmon we all need it when we're filming in silent places like
theater, school classes, wedding,
2019-2-19
Use props
Cheesey1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 12:29
It’s not a pro camera, but someday we might see a pro model and we will see many of these proposals adopted, but I’m not to sure how much more  CPU can operate safely without interfering with what’s already there.

On thing I would like to see is AEB and I don’t think this would be a problem to present cpu .

Yeah I second AEB lock
2019-2-19
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

How about "Motion Video", where one could place the pocket in a fixed position and set pan points as in motion time lapse. One could film across an open activity, over a time period, without having to manual pan.
2019-2-19
Use props
DeanDavis
Flight distance : 69501 ft
United States

I would like to see an HDR mode in photos. My Mavic Pro has this and it produces some awesome photos AEB would work, but they would have to finished in post processing.
2019-2-19
Use props
Cool h
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Please add a limit option to ISO when shooting in auto mode,  manual mode is great but when in a high contrast lighting environment using auto exposure is very useful, if we can set a limit to the iso, for example, minimum ISO as 100 and maximum as 800, and now would feel free to shoot in auto mode without worry too much noise would show up when the camera face toward a darker area, will it be wonderful?
2019-2-20
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

Cool h Posted at 2-20 06:46
Please add a limit option to ISO when shooting in auto mode,  manual mode is great but when in a high contrast lighting environment using auto exposure is very useful, if we can set a limit to the iso, for example, minimum ISO as 100 and maximum as 800, and now would feel free to shoot in auto mode without worry too much noise would show up when the camera face toward a darker area, will it be wonderful?

Yes, this!!!
2019-2-20
Use props
thorpemark
lvl.1

United States

I would like some sort of AF-lock option and a way to do infinity focus and lock it.

I tried taking fireworks video a few times and the AF searching for focus mars and otherwise really nice and convenient  way to shoot such video.

2019-2-20
Use props
Yornav
lvl.1
Netherlands

- HYPERLAPSE!!
- Disable beep sound
- Ability to focus via a slider function like you can do tilting.

For the rest I think we're pretty much there.

2019-2-20
Use props
Yornav
lvl.1
Netherlands

In the Mimo app I would like to see the following:
- Custom Story Mode patterns (e.g. select gimbal movement per clip from a series of presets and make a sequence of them)
- Custom/No text in Story mode and My Story. (If you guys per sé want to keep the DJI logo at the end, it's fine. But PLEASE remove the rest or make it at least customizable!!!!)
- Font size adjustment for titles in the editor. (sometimes text is too long for the font size)
- Animated titles
- More Story Mode patterns

FIX REQUEST: When the OP is in Pro mode and I go to Story Mode, it switches to Auto mode. After leaving Story mode, I want to switch it back to Pro mode. Anyway, I don't want Story mode to change my non-Story mode setting.
2019-2-20
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Brazil

I just want to see that Mimo app changed so that whenever I plug in the Osmo I don't get the same useless screen that lets me do nothing else but play the same intro to Osmo video, over and over... as in, once I plug in the Osmo and turn it on, take me to the shooting interface RIGHT AWAY. I don't want to be clicking around the app looking for where in the world that interface is.

And h.264 encoding? Come on now... h.265 is TWICE as efficient in terms of storage. I'd like to see that enabled instead.

2019-2-20
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Brazil

Oh, and please fix that issue of Android phones being charged by Osmo once plugged into the phone. It drain's Osmo's battery down to nothing in less than 15-20 mins.
2019-2-20
Use props
Janpla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67861 ft
Iraq

setting to turn off the automatic facetracking feature when you flip into selfie mode
2019-2-20
Use props
Eleazar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

I would like to be able to save RAW file only
2019-2-22
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Is Hyperlapse gonna be available in osmo pocket?
In Osmo Mobile 2, I tried it. With the advent of supererb object tracking of OM2, very artistic hyperlapses are available (close to those created with rpo equipment)
2019-2-22
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.3

United States

I would say AF need to be improved more. I won't expect too much from the small camera, but no manual focus existed, so AF is the only issue I have.
2019-2-22
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

A lock exposure button would be nice.  Something like a 5 second press.  
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_3PbFsVin0SFQ

South Korea

Fixing constant user setting reset.
Make mp4 file type setting remain.
2019-2-23
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Brazil

Can we have STORY mode available on the Osmo itself, so we don't have to plug it into the phone and have it drain its own battery within minutes while I try to get a scene or two shot...?

Yeah, that would be great.
2019-2-23
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Germany

- Timelapse interval 0.5s and 1s

-- Backup of files on iPhone does not take place in 4k, then better remove the possibility

- Is it not possible to keep the Exposure setting selected in Pro mode even after switching off and on again?

- In many cases, the picture is too bright for me. There would be a persisting setting of -0.3 EV or even -0.7EV very favorable.

- Some personal settings in the "Video" section are unfortunately lost each time you turn off the power. For example, the gimbal setting, but also the brightness. But if you set it to "manual", then the Pocket suddenly remembers that.

- The volume is reset to "medium" unless it is set to "automatic" ... and the white balance to "manual".

- Incidentally, Pocket does not notice the exposure compensation in photo mode.

This is all a bit inconsistent and not conducive to reliable filming. If I'm of the opinion that the camera exposes too brightly, then that is a property that is almost always true. You do not have to change that every time.
2019-2-23
Use props
fans32c3ab54
Flight distance : 594898 ft
United States

Hi,

+ 1 for more timelapse / motionlapse options.  Also saving of Pro Setting profiles, AEB (3 and 5 shot), night shot mode.

Great work, keep it going!

Rob
2019-2-23
Use props
JKJenn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. Hyperlapse
2. Save to RAW
3. Flip to portrait orientation via the app.
4. Livestreaming
5. Expanded timelapse intervals
6. Shutter priority mode
7. Improved expose metering for auto mode.
8. Better blue colors.
9. Exposure ramping for day ti night timelapse or Exposure lock.
10. Some type of visual guide on the OP to show how good your ninja walk is...I am picturing a bubble, sort of like a bubble level. Maybe even a practice mode.
11. Save a preferred settings (shutter, WB, ISO, FPS, Resolution)
12. More story mode templates with more musical variety and no text.
13. Story mode in portrait.
14. Story mode freeform mode where you can pick your own song.
15. Story mode to work on Wifi with the wireless module.
2019-2-23
Use props
David J.
Captain
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Small thing, but I would like to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the gimbal tilt/pan control in the app. Sometimes it is hard to get smooth small movements.
2019-2-23
Use props
Tomm Dool
lvl.1
Canada

1 - Ability to select the Tilt direction of the Mimo onscreen Gimble controller.  Anyone use to Flying Drones, /RC or video games are use to pulling down to tilt up.  Like pulling back on a stick.  I screw up all the time as its natural for me to pull down to tilt up and vice versa.   Please add a choice to change direction to suit every ones style.

2 - Option to Prevent screen from flipping on phone when you hit record while the OP is under-slung and you are connected to the phone via a cable or wifi/BT.  Makes it hard to see your shot properly while it is upside down.  But when not recording it is flipped Correctly.... stupid it does that.

3 - Hyperlapse built in.

4 - HDR, exposure bracketing for Photos.  Would be cool if it did it for Panorama's as well as time-lapse.

2019-2-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules