Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Guys,

My Spark is still going strong almost 2 years in and I couldn't be happier with it. In this short video I go through five reasons I still love my Spark.

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback with our Spark. If there is any help, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

it was a really good video, i had watched it before you posted. keep up the good stuff on youtube, your videos are really good
2019-2-18
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello, Steve! Thank you for inspiration, just watched the video on your chanel. Have you ever experienced any problem with Spark when trying to do Orbit or something like PoI? Because I have, and that upset me a bit. Spark flies very well forward-backward-right-left, but just I add some jaw movements (especially jaw+up or jaw+down) the drone starts to hesitate and image loses smoothness. Even in TriPod mode with sensitivity settings of sticks on the lowest level.
I didn't see much that movements on your footage, one of them was in Red Top Adventure at 3.56 with that hut in the forest.
So, my question is: what's your experience in this case?
Thank you again!
Screenshot_20190218-221129_YouTube.jpg
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great to see
2019-2-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Another great, informative video...thanks.  
2019-2-18
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Very well articulated!  You echoed my thoughts exactly.  Thanks for the vid!
2019-2-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done, Thanks for sharing
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Very good and true video. It's not a gear but skill and talent that distinguishes good from excellent photo/videographers.
And yes, for amateur needs, 4k is overkill.... hassle with storage, hassle with processing power needed to edit...

2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans6f66f9da Posted at 2-18 10:58
it was a really good video, i had watched it before you posted. keep up the good stuff on youtube, your videos are really good

Haha! Thanks very much! :-)
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-18 09:56
Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback with our Spark. If there is any help, please let us know. Thank you.

Thank you!
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-18 12:27
Hello, Steve! Thank you for inspiration, just watched the video on your chanel. Have you ever experienced any problem with Spark when trying to do Orbit or something like PoI? Because I have, and that upset me a bit. Spark flies very well forward-backward-right-left, but just I add some jaw movements (especially jaw+up or jaw+down) the drone starts to hesitate and image loses smoothness. Even in TriPod mode with sensitivity settings of sticks on the lowest level.
I didn't see much that movements on your footage, one of them was in Red Top Adventure at 3.56 with that hut in the forest.
So, my question is: what's your experience in this case?

Thanks! Good question. Yeah, I believe a lot of people grumble about the Spark's video performance when doing orbit or horizontal pan shots. Obviously the two-axis gimbal comes in to play here. DJI applies SW smoothing - "Ultrasmooth technology" - to compensate but it's not perfect. I honestly don't do a lot of those types of shots mostly because I'm not practiced at them. The ones I have done, I think they look fine. Sure, if you want to be a "pixel peeper" you can see the imperfections but hopefully the content is engaging enough that the viewer isn't dwelling on the minor imperfections.
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 2-18 15:01
Another great, informative video...thanks.

And thanks for watching!
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MccloudSpark Posted at 2-18 17:04
Very well articulated!  You echoed my thoughts exactly.  Thanks for the vid!

Thank you. Haha! Still lots of Spark lovers out there.
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Woe Posted at 2-19 05:53
Well done, Thanks for sharing

Thanks and thanks for watching!
2019-2-19
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-19 08:22
Very good and true video. It's not a gear but skill and talent that distinguishes good from excellent photo/videographers.
And yes, for amateur needs, 4k is overkill.... hassle with storage, hassle with processing power needed to edit...

Thank you! Absolutely. A friend of mine owns a video production company in Calgary and I asked him about 4k. He said, by default they shoot almost everything at 1080 unless the client specifically asks them to shoot 4k. Pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned. I didn't expect to hear that.
2019-2-19
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

SCoutts Posted at 2-19 08:52
Thanks! Good question. Yeah, I believe a lot of people grumble about the Spark's video performance when doing orbit or horizontal pan shots. Obviously the two-axis gimbal comes in to play here. DJI applies SW smoothing - "Ultrasmooth technology" - to compensate but it's not perfect. I honestly don't do a lot of those types of shots mostly because I'm not practiced at them. The ones I have done, I think they look fine. Sure, if you want to be a "pixel peeper" you can see the imperfections but hopefully the content is engaging enough that the viewer isn't dwelling on the minor imperfections.

Thank you! Will continue to practice and search for engaging content
2019-2-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

SCoutts Posted at 2-19 08:56
Thanks and thanks for watching!

You're welcome.
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

SCoutts Posted at 2-19 09:00
Thank you! Absolutely. A friend of mine owns a video production company in Calgary and I asked him about 4k. He said, by default they shoot almost everything at 1080 unless the client specifically asks them to shoot 4k. Pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned. I didn't expect to hear that.

Pros need to be rational. More quality is gained by bigger sensor or better lens than resolution itself. Resolution is easiest/cheapest to boost, thus it's a nice marketing tool for inexperienced.
2019-2-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice video! Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-20
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-19 23:42
Pros need to be rational. More quality is gained by bigger sensor or better lens than resolution itself. Resolution is easiest/cheapest to boost, thus it's a nice marketing tool for inexperienced.

Completely agree! My favourite SLR ever is the Canon 5D Mark II. Terrible auto-focus but it had the biggest pixels - not megapixels but the actual pixel size on a full-frame sensor. It still takes the most magical looking pictures of any of my SLRs. I will never part with it.
2019-2-21
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2-20 05:28
Very nice video! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching!
2019-2-21
Use props