Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Insta360 One X on Mavic 2 Pro for a different view
3919 8 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Is it possible to mount an Insta360 One X on Mavic 2 series? With this Mavic 2 Pro mount, it's possible to mount any 1/4" threaded accessories on the top of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro like the One X or GoPro Hero 7 Black.
How does it work? Is it a good idea? Watch the video and find out :-)

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Insta360 One X. Thank you for sharing this video and this information with us today. You did a great work.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drones. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use, in these the weight of the Insta360 One X  might be a factor. Thank you for you support.
2019-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Actually it is something I hope DJI will implement someday!
2019-2-18
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2-18 23:30
Actually it is something I hope DJI will implement someday!

There is a lot of possibilities with this. DJI could possibly loose the mechanical gimbal completely with the put in a 180-degree camera like this, in a spark sized aircraft.
2019-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2-19 00:16
There is a lot of possibilities with this. DJI could possibly loose the mechanical gimbal completely with the put in a 180-degree camera like this, in a spark sized aircraft.

I would say they still need the gimbal for perfect stable footage, but I'm not 100 sure.
Maybe even 2 180 camera's. One mounted on the top, one on the bottom to make for a true sphere.
2019-2-19
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 2-19 01:48
I would say they still need the gimbal for perfect stable footage, but I'm not 100 sure.
Maybe even 2 180 camera's. One mounted on the top, one on the bottom to make for a true sphere.

I was thinking if you "punch out" a 1080 video from the spherical footage. This is what I have done in post in the video, and because all the footage is there it possible to make 100% stable as if it was a gimbal. There is still some way to go before the quality is on par with DJI's camera's but the whole idea is fascinating.
2019-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting concept
2019-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2-19 02:08
I was thinking if you "punch out" a 1080 video from the spherical footage. This is what I have done in post in the video, and because all the footage is there it possible to make 100% stable as if it was a gimbal. There is still some way to go before the quality is on par with DJI's camera's but the whole idea is fascinating.

Yes, I think they should jump into that market.
I love the sphere's that I can make with my MP.
But so far the 360 camera's I have tried lack the resolution for a 'streetview' kind of viewing experience.
2019-2-19
Use props
Quax07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19413 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It´s not the drone mount that blocks the GPS, it´s the insta 360. It blocks GPS when it´s started. I would say it might be the WLAN of the insta 360 (and it seems you can´s turn it off). The mount can be uses for light etc.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules