Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problèmes Osmo Pocket
3049 13 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woyatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 188406 ft
France

j ai quelque problemes avec l'Osmo pocket. Par moment il ne reconnait plus la carte micro SD. ça beug ! Avez vous les memes problemes ? Je précise que je met une carte Micro SD de Classe 3 Sandisk, merci de vos réponses.
téléchargement.jpg
2019-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I take it that you posted a wrong picture, but have you tried formatting card .
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Woyatt. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with you DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried a different Micro SD Card or tried to format the SD Card and see if the issue will still persist? For reference I will be posting the specification of the suggested Micro SD card for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2019-2-18
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 13:09
I take it that you posted a wrong picture, but have you tried formatting card .

You can also use SD cards for Osmo Pocket

2019-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BeterBan Posted at 2-18 14:31
You can also use SD cards for Osmo Pocket

[view_image]

Yes you can, maybe it would be called Osmo two pockets lol, nice find.
2019-2-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

I strongly suspect that if this is the case then the card was previously used in another product before use in the Osmo Pocket. If that is the case then once the Osmo Pocket was activated the file structure in the card was probably laid down without the card first being formatted in the Osmo Pocket. This would cause problems. Micro SD cards are the cheapest things in the world when it comes to memory. I can't for the life of me understand why people will spend out on a product and then skimp on a memory card. It may also have had the wrong formatting applied or been formatted in a laptop beforehand. All these things can cause trouble.
2019-2-18
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

A Sandisk Extreme Pro isn't skimping. Hopefully, it's a formatting issue. Possibly a good card gone bad. Worst case, poor connection inside the Pocket. There have been a few complaints about inserting cards.
2019-2-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 2-18 15:17
A Sandisk Extreme Pro isn't skimping. Hopefully, it's a formatting issue. Possibly a good card gone bad. Worst case, poor connection inside the Pocket. There have been a few complaints about inserting cards.

Really?
Have you noticed the card has no A2 rating? While I'm not saying a non-A2 card will not work, it has been listed as a part of being desirable for working with the Osmo Pocket.
When you do these things they sometimes don't work out. You take a risk. Sometimes they work, other times they don't.
If you buy new gear with the increase of demands new tech brings, why take a chance? Compared to the additional hard drive space needed for storage such devices bring with them, the price of an additional memory card seems small. Having a new card would have also negated the possible formatting issue as well. If it is a formatting issue the card may well stop working altogether depending on what it was formatted on. There are hidden partitions that can be destroyed with some forms of formatting and need additional programs to restore them before they will work effectively again.

I do appreciate some here may be quite young or just inexperienced and I may have sounded harsh in my comments.
If so, I apologise without reservation.
2019-2-18
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Where is "A2 rating" listed as desirable for working with the Osmo Pocket? The latest, greatest is always desirable. But is it necessary?

The photo offered is something got from the web. It may not even be the card the OP has.
Here's a recent Extreme Pro image:

Extreme-Pro.jpg
2019-2-18
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

God oh god ... always this whining about (expensive) cards!
I'm using a lot of "noname" (Chinese) cards from 32GB to 256GB
- all working 1a with 4K/60fps in OP

2019-2-18
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-18 14:45
I strongly suspect that if this is the case then the card was previously used in another product before use in the Osmo Pocket. If that is the case then once the Osmo Pocket was activated the file structure in the card was probably laid down without the card first being formatted in the Osmo Pocket. This would cause problems. Micro SD cards are the cheapest things in the world when it comes to memory. I can't for the life of me understand why people will spend out on a product and then skimp on a memory card. It may also have had the wrong formatting applied or been formatted in a laptop beforehand. All these things can cause trouble.

Totally agree. If you value your footage invest in a reputable memory card. Cheap chinese knock-offs will eventually fail. There a couple of members in here advertising cheap fiilters, cheap memory cards, cheap adapters... I really don't understand this. One invest in a 360€ Osmo Pocket in order to get 4K quality video and then cheap out on an additional 35€ to get a proper set of ND filters (Neewer ND8 PL, ND16 PL and ND32 PL ND64 PL) and a 15€ micro SD card (Sandisk Extreme Pro Micro SD)... weird.
2019-2-19
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 2-18 18:12
God oh god ... always this whining about (expensive) cards!
I'm using a lot of "noname" (Chinese) cards from 32GB to 256GB
- all working 1a with 4K/60fps in OP

Your write speeds suck... how do you manage to record 4K at 24.33/s??? The minimum rate for smooth UHD is 30Mb/s (V30 specs).

This is what a typical Sandisc microSDHC Extreme Pro does:

2019-2-19
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

You NEVER need 85MB/s write speed! This exists in opinion & phantasy of many people.
As I showed: 30 MB/s are more than enough ... but buy SanDisk .. they rub their hands!

BLUE is all theory! ALL my microSD cards work BEST with 4K/60fps. Believe it or pay for lovely Sandisk
2019-2-19
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 2-18 16:39
Where is "A2 rating" listed as desirable for working with the Osmo Pocket? The latest, greatest is always desirable. But is it necessary?

The photo offered is something got from the web. It may not even be the card the OP has.

Strictly speaking, not if you don't use the Osmo Pocket connected to your phone in use. So desirable, not a necessity.
I only ever give my personal opinion, it's not law and up to the individual to decide.
My personal experience is I've never had any trouble with SanDisk cards, be they CF, SD, XQD or micro SD and their file structures are specifically tailored for stills and video. Sony are a close second but you do pay more for those.
I've shot alongside pros that have lost a half days shooting so I'm very wary of cheaper or less robust alternatives.
That may not matter to those who don't need reliability and that's fine by me.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules