Drone Crash...Flight Log Review to prevent again.....
844 11 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Showelljr
lvl.1
United States

I have had several flights as this was a Christmas Gift.  Today, started out, took off to about 4ft or so, hovered and then went up to around 170ft, then get a warning for wireless interference and then it fell to earth......Flight log is pretty straight forward, but it is the first time I have looked at one so maybe can help review it with me......

Thanks....

Hmmmmm........I guess to attach I have to zip the .txt file?

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry to read the crash. We highly suggest you send it in for diagnosis and repair. Please kindly contact our support at www.dji.com/support. If the unit is under warranty period, we'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result. In case repair fee needs to pay, you can determine to use the DJI Care Refresh or not at that time. Thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wireless interference is common in urban areas and has no effect on your drone's ability to fly.
It will be unrelated to the incident.
You'll have to post data if you want anyone to look at it.
2019-2-18
Use props
Showelljr
lvl.1
United States

Awesome, tells me I cant post a link for the flight log......

2019-2-18
Use props
Showelljr
lvl.1
United States

PPJSLJRDK1DHK8C45Y0W/#

Maybe
2019-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Showelljr Posted at 2-18 16:11
PPJSLJRDK1DHK8C45Y0W/#

Maybe

Have a look at Phantom Help, it explains how to upload the data to their site, and the results page can be posted here if you would like others to offer suggestions as to what went wrong.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2-18 16:19
Have a look at Phantom Help, it explains how to upload the data to their site, and the results page can be posted here if you would like others to offer suggestions as to what went wrong.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
He can't post because this forum won't allow new members to post a link.
But he's been smart enough to post enough to get the message across.
Here's his data:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PPJSLJRDK1DHK8C45Y0W/#

It shows that he launched with a partially discharged battery (not a good idea) but the flight didn't last enough for that to be a problem.

At the end of teh flight at 0:27.7 the data just ends with the drone in stable hovering.
The interference message in the last line of data is a coincidence and could not have had any affect on the flight.
The sudden end to data recording and the fall of the drone, shows a sudden loss of power was the cause.
This is a case for DJI to look into and I would think it should be a warranty issue if the drone was less than 12 months old.
2019-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Showelljr Posted at 2-18 16:11
PPJSLJRDK1DHK8C45Y0W/#

Maybe

Definitely ... see post #7
2019-2-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Another one bites the dust!   I would send the whole crumpled up mess back.
2019-2-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just hope they dont use "That old chestnut", ie, nothing to say it was DJI fault and nothing to say it was user fault, therefore not warranty of which can be the case for a loss of power

Hope ya get it favourable outcome
2019-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-18 17:03
He can't post because this forum won't allow new members to post a link.
But he's been smart enough to post enough to get the message across.
Here's his data:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PPJSLJRDK1DHK8C45Y0W/#

"This is a case for DJI to look into and I would think it should be a warranty issue if the drone was less than 12 months old."

Hopefully if bought from a reputable retailer, DJI stopped production of the P4 on April 30th 2017.
2019-2-19
Use props
Showelljr
lvl.1
United States

It was bought through Amazon and a 3rd party insurance was purchased with it as well.  I am waiting on ship instructions, but I am going to contact DJI as well, I would do an upgrade charge for a current model but will see how it pans out,.....
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules