Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Hi guys,

just wondering if i am the only one with the following issue:

Every time i placed a new battry, and i start up both Spark at her remote, i get a message in Go4 that the network settings are to be adapted the region. No choice to cancel, and the remote and spark get disconnected. After i restart the spark, the RC makes connection again and i can fly.

No issues while flying, but changing the battery and the process repeats itself.. its kinda weird.. The range is outstanding, so no complaints for that, but like i said, its just weird.

Maybe DJI has an answer to this ?

Wimherman
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we have the model of your mobile device? Would it be possible if you could provide to us the firmware and the app version that you've used? Kindly provide us the message that you've encountered on the application for further clarification. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-19
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 13:53
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we have the model of your mobile device? Would it be possible if you could provide to us the firmware and the app version that you've used? Kindly provide us the message that you've encountered on the application for further clarification. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony,

Its a Sony Xperia XZ1 recently updated to Android 9 I am always running  Go4 version 4.3.12 Sparky and her RC is up to date on FW
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 2-19 17:54
Hi Tony,

Its a Sony Xperia XZ1 recently updated to Android 9 I am always running  Go4 version 4.3.12 Sparky and her RC is up to date on FW

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. May we know how many batteries to you have? Is this occurring with all of your batteries?  Please provide the screenshot of this situation for us to coordinate with our designated department.
2019-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Are you talking about a brand new battery or a newly charged one???
2019-2-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Never had this issue but I am using last Spark-wise useful DJI GO which is 4.1.15.... with removed bloatware (i.e. Secneo), improved security and privacy (i.e. removed sending data to China) and pimped a bit to align it slightly better to my tastes.
2019-2-20
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 08:28
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. May we know how many batteries to you have? Is this occurring with all of your batteries?  Please provide the screenshot of this situation for us to coordinate with our designated department.

Hi Tony,

it happends with all 3 battery's. I will do a test as soon as possible and let you know the  information you need. Thanks!
2019-2-20
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

Rustic17 Posted at 2-20 08:47
Are you talking about a brand new battery or a newly charged one???

All 3 battery's
2019-2-20
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-20 09:17
Never had this issue but I am using last Spark-wise useful DJI GO which is 4.1.15.... with removed bloatware (i.e. Secneo), improved security and privacy (i.e. removed sending data to China) and pimped a bit to align it slightly better to my tastes.

Sounds interesting!
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 2-20 17:02
Hi Tony,

it happends with all 3 battery's. I will do a test as soon as possible and let you know the  information you need. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your update. If this would persist, you may try to refresh the firmware of your at least two of your batteries using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. You could download the application using the link below. We'll be waiting for this prompt message that you've been encountered on the application. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads
2019-2-21
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 08:09
Hi, thanks for your update. If this would persist, you may try to refresh the firmware of your at least two of your batteries using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. You could download the application using the link below. We'll be waiting for this prompt message that you've been encountered on the application. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads

Hi,

I dont know if its the battery. Cos when i tested today, its is actually when the combination Ac and RC is turned on and tested with same battery. What happends on the Go4 app is what you see in the screen print, and it looks like the RC is making the disconnect. Then i shutdown and power on the AC and then is all ok. This happends in both wifi mode and with OTG. But the grazy thing is, you cant choose cancel, it just happends..

But as said also, when this sequence has happend, then i fly without any problems and actually quite a good reception and distance..

2019-2-22
Use props
bugalugs22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67684 ft
Australia

What it sounds like is the Spark is starting in FCC mode, then GPS shows you are not in a FCC region so it must reset to CE, and a reset to CE frequency requires a full restart. So thats why there is no option to cancel.

I would suggest repeat whatever you did to set the AC/RC in FCC mode and try again.
2019-2-22
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

bugalugs22 Posted at 2-22 16:56
What it sounds like is the Spark is starting in FCC mode, then GPS shows you are not in a FCC region so it must reset to CE, and a reset to CE frequency requires a full restart. So thats why there is no option to cancel.

I would suggest repeat whatever you did to set the AC/RC in FCC mode and try again.

There was always the question.. which user could cancel..  However i have no radio issuess.. can be a reverse also that the RC or AC demands switch to FCC .. but your answser sounds logical.. i will give it a try..
2019-2-25
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

Not to get all excited in a way, but after a big Android Go4 update (Must be big, cos the app was outside its usual folder) , i had not the same problem as before, i realized later on. But havent had time to test it thouroughly though.. Keep you guys and DJI posted.
2019-2-27
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

wimherman Posted at 2-27 15:45
Not to get all excited in a way, but after a big Android Go4 update (Must be big, cos the app was outside its usual folder) , i had not the same problem as before, i realized later on. But havent had time to test it thouroughly though.. Keep you guys and DJI posted.

After testing, the issue is solved after latest Go4 update.
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules