Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Drone Restriction on FAA registered AMA Fields
843 3 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

So recently DJI put new altitude restrictions inside 5 mile radius of Airports. That is a good thing; however, they did not put in place any exception for existing AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) fields that are registered with the FAA and do do allow Drones / Model Airplanes to fly upto 400 feet.  I am trying to fly in an AMA Field but it is DJI that has extra restrictions that do not exist. I am within a 5 mile airport but on an AMA field that llows flight up to 400 feet. How does one remove such restriction when flying in an AMA Field? There are 2200 such fields registered with the FAA: https://www.modelaircraft.org/club-finder  that allow flights upto 400 feet (even inside 5 mile radius of airport).

Kind of odd that it is DJI making a restriction here, not FAA or the city or the park I am in.

2019-2-18
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

I found my city FPV. Thanks for link.
2019-2-18
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback to us. We will forward this feedback to our designated department and be heard to see what we could do about this situation. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules