Problem: Randomly Reset Itself
1150 13 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf9d6705d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25764 ft
Thailand

I face the problem with my OSMO Pocket ramdomly reset itself.

FW: 01.04.00.20
Cam FW: 00.00.00.01, 01.08.36.02
Gimbal FW: 01.00.01.12, 02.00.20.14
Device For: iphone

My Use: Android9 - Samsung Note 9

Before the ramdom reset, my OP was set in manual mode with 1.d-cine 2.mp4 format 3.others pro stuffs

Problem: It happens when I open OP (push right button 3sec), then DJI logo appear and disappear and reappear again. After that all setting is reset back to 1.auto mode 2.mov format. To set all parameters, it need to plug OP with my note9 everytime, that is annoying process.

This problem happened to me 3 times.

PS. I transfer all media files, with otg cable, direct to my note9 to save OP battery and better transfer. But, since had done transferring with this method for a week, I dont believe this is a root cause.
2019-2-19
Use props
webbedgiant
lvl.2
United States

Mine did the exact same thing over the weekend, Note 8 here.
2019-2-19
Use props
fansf9d6705d
lvl.1
Thailand

webbedgiant Posted at 2-19 06:22
Mine did the exact same thing over the weekend, Note 8 here.

Great, I'm not alone.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket randomly resets. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung Note 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Note 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-19
Use props
hawkmusician
lvl.1
France

A reset happened on mine too, without any explanation... And I couldn't access pro settings from within the osmo pocket until I connected my phone... My phone being perfectly optimized : P20.
2019-2-19
Use props
Bomberp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2644672 ft
Poland

A reset happened on mine too. Osmo reset to all default settings. When it happens the phone isn't connected to Osmo. So is not caused by the smartphone.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi everyone, we're sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll be forwarding this concern to our developer for us to have feedback and a possible workaround, then once I have the answer will reach back here. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-2-19
Use props
fansf9d6705d
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-19 10:01
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket randomly resets. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung Note 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Note 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

The reset happened without connecting to my note 9. Just Osmo Pocket doing itself. Btw, I really enjoy using OP very much, Hope Dji will find the cause and solve it soon (next update).
2019-2-19
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf9d6705d Posted at 2-19 06:47
Great, I'm not alone.

its done that to me as well numerous times... theres another thread on here about this problem as well.
Dji need to look into this asap!!
2019-2-19
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-19 10:01
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Pocket randomly resets. Have you tried using a different mobile device and see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Samsung Note 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Note 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

This has nothing to do with the mobile device as it happens when used on its own with no mobile device connected.. can you look into this as its getting common problem
2019-2-19
Use props
fansf9d6705d
lvl.1
Thailand

realstreetuk Posted at 2-19 16:31
its done that to me as well numerous times... theres another thread on here about this problem as well.
Dji need to look into this asap!!

Can you give me another thread link?
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, everyone. We're sorry for the inconvenience. I already received feedback from our developer and already found out as well this concern will be optimized on the next firmware update. And again we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-2-20
Use props
Jonah Lee
lvl.1
United States

Yes I had the same problem. I was shootimg a short film and after a power down it reset from UHD 29.97 to 1080 29.97 (which I had never previously used). And it changed from mp4 back to mov.
2019-2-20
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf9d6705d Posted at 2-19 19:58
Can you give me another thread link?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-181277-1-1.html
2019-2-22
Use props