Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just gonna bite the bullet
366 9 2-19 06:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
Captain
Flight distance : 1345030 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's crazy to me that the new controller costs half the price of the Mavic Pro 2, but I always hated the experience of the original Mavic Pro with either an Apple or Android Phone (for different reasons), so looks like I'll be spending more on the frickin controller than I have spent on my wife's Spark kit, most of my DSLR lenses individually, more than all 4 of my kids' college educations combined (I'm kidding). It's like removing a band aid. I just have to rip it off. Wait. Is the price of this controller a rip off?!! Just kidding again, DJI! Expect yet another order from a dedicated DJI addict. My micro-rant is over now.

2-19 06:49
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319164 ft
United States

What happened to the original controller?
2-19 07:08
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Moni Johnson. Thank you for sharing this information and thank you for choosing the DJI Smart Controller. If you have any concerns or inquiry with the said remote controller. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you for being a loyal DJI Customer.
2-19 07:52
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-19 07:08
What happened to the original controller?

The original controller is still available. Problems with it:
• Apple devices overheat very quickly here beneath the Texas sun and they automatically dim the screens, making it very difficult to see on live view.
• Android devices are automatically charged by the original controller, causing the controller battery to die more quickly.

Yes, a less expensive option would be to use a power bank with the original controller and an Android device, but that wasn't ideal for me either. Just gonna fork out the extra cash for the Smart Controller.
2-19 08:18
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 2-19 08:18
The original controller is still available. Problems with it:
• Apple devices overheat very quickly here beneath the Texas sun and they automatically dim the screens, making it very difficult to see on live view.
• Android devices are automatically charged by the original controller, causing the controller battery to die more quickly.

I see, Sun is something I don't know anything about. I live in Western NY. The butt plug of the world. We have had over 200 inches of snow this year, in the snow belts. Sun comes out for maybe 6 weeks during the summer and we don't hardly ever see temps over 85 degrees. Maybe a few 90s once in awhile. My devices don't overheat we just need to chip the ice off them. 6 months of winter and 6 months getting ready for it. Two weeks ago I drove to work, it was -14 degrees F, wind was 30 mph, wind chill was -35 degrees F. TWO days later it was 55 degrees F above zero. 69 degree swing. Then it went back to 20 degrees the next day. No joke. If the good lord was going to give the US an enema, he would insert the tube in Western NY.
2-19 09:42
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-19 09:42
I see, Sun is something I don't know anything about. I live in Western NY. The butt plug of the world. We have had over 200 inches of snow this year, in the snow belts. Sun comes out for maybe 6 weeks during the summer and we don't hardly ever see temps over 85 degrees. Maybe a few 90s once in awhile. My devices don't overheat we just need to chip the ice off them. 6 months of winter and 6 months getting ready for it. Two weeks ago I drove to work, it was -14 degrees F, wind was 30 mph, wind chill was -35 degrees F. TWO days later it was 55 degrees F above zero. 69 degree swing. Then it went back to 20 degrees the next day. No joke. If the good lord was going to give the US an enema, he would insert the tube in Western NY.
We have weather changes like that here too, so I can relate. But the temps are higher up on the thermometer on average. My main takeaway from your reply though is "the butt plug of the world". Such a descriptive and unique choice of words!
2-19 10:22
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298024 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-19 09:42
I see, Sun is something I don't know anything about. I live in Western NY. The butt plug of the world. We have had over 200 inches of snow this year, in the snow belts. Sun comes out for maybe 6 weeks during the summer and we don't hardly ever see temps over 85 degrees. Maybe a few 90s once in awhile. My devices don't overheat we just need to chip the ice off them. 6 months of winter and 6 months getting ready for it. Two weeks ago I drove to work, it was -14 degrees F, wind was 30 mph, wind chill was -35 degrees F. TWO days later it was 55 degrees F above zero. 69 degree swing. Then it went back to 20 degrees the next day. No joke. If the good lord was going to give the US an enema, he would insert the tube in Western NY.

I live in central New York on the tug hill plateau so I now exactly what your saying about the weather in this state. We get lake affect snow, it’s not uncommon to get 4 feet of snow in 24 hours. As far as the sun goes, I saw it a couple of times in October of last year and it came out yesterday for about an hour.....
2-20 02:24
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

The big question is... will the Smart Controller work with Occusync 2.1?
2-20 05:51
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2-20 02:24
I live in central New York on the tug hill plateau so I now exactly what your saying about the weather in this state. We get lake affect snow, it’s not uncommon to get 4 feet of snow in 24 hours. As far as the sun goes, I saw it a couple of times in October of last year and it came out yesterday for about an hour.....

I'm there with ya brother. It's snowing here again today and the wind is up. 2 more years, my son and daughter will both be finished with college. My wife and I are getting things set to sell, and we are off to South Carolina. God Speed!
2-20 09:25
Use props
Moni Johnson
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-20 09:25
I'm there with ya brother. It's snowing here again today and the wind is up. 2 more years, my son and daughter will both be finished with college. My wife and I are getting things set to sell, and we are off to South Carolina. God Speed!
I have 2 in college too, but they both said they're moving back here when they're done! At least they won't be in the same house though. Took me 23 years to get back my "me" time, and I don't want to give it up again.
2-22 18:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules