635 11 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like my AC (Mavic 2 Pro) to NOT record RTH, and hence do not warn me when it thinks it went too far away and now needs to return back. The general low battery warning should suffice. The problem I'm having right now is that when I hike (and use Active Tracking), I may end up 1-1.5 miles away from the initial take-off point.

What happens is that when the RTH warning is triggered, it kills any smart mode the drone was performing. And, of course, having the ongoing alarm for the last 5 -7 min of the flight is annoying.
This problem will be emphasized even more if you try to do something like this using some faster mode of transportation, as in bicycle, boat or car.
So my question is: how to disable RTH activity?
2019-2-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If you are using it during an "Active Track Mode" shoot, Just set the RTH to "Hover" for the duration of the track mode shoot....
I would not truly "disable" the RTH, you might need it in the future.
2019-2-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2-19 08:02
If you are using it during an "Active Track Mode" shoot, Just set the RTH to "Hover" for the duration of the track mode shoot....
I would not truly "disable" the RTH, you might need it in the future.

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, but the RTH alarm would still cancel whatever I would be doing and would still keep alerting me about the need to go home...
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

And how about dynamic home point? Should this resolve the issue?
2019-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turn off smart RTH in the app and this will not flag any low battery alerts or attempt to RTH when the battery is low. Also set your low battery warning to 15% and critical to 10% in the app. Note that at 10% the drone will still attempt to land so if you switch all of this off be sure to monitor your battery level very closely. In the event of signal loss (failsafe) set to hover as previously advised but make sure the drone is close to you if you do and if you change your home point during the flight by physically moving away from where you took off whilst the drone is still flying then use dynamic HP to reset the HP to your new landing location.
2019-2-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-19 08:57
And how about dynamic home point? Should this resolve the issue?

This seems to be exactly what I need. Thank you!
Now to find where is it set in the settings
2019-2-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-19 09:11
Turn off smart RTH in the app and this will not flag any low battery alerts or attempt to RTH when the battery is low. Also set your low battery warning to 15% and critical to 10% in the app. Note that at 10% the drone will still attempt to land so if you switch all of this off be sure to monitor your battery level very closely. In the event of signal loss (failsafe) set to hover as previously advised but make sure the drone is close to you if you do and if you change your home point during the flight by physically moving away from where you took off whilst the drone is still flying then use dynamic HP to reset the HP to your new landing location.

Thank you! Dynamic RTH seems to be the answer to my needs.
2019-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 2-19 12:24

Glad you got it sorted.
2019-2-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does Mavic 2 Pro support dynamic home point in Active track, I thought that was only available on the Mavic Pro ?
2019-2-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2-19 15:01
Does Mavic 2 Pro support dynamic home point in Active track, I thought that was only available on the Mavic Pro ?

And at that, it has a spotty record of successful use. Wouldn't be surprised if they elected to remove it from the M2P models.
2019-2-19
Use props
FLYINHASS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

GOOD TO KNOW THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD "dynamic" HIKING, DARTH ^^
2019-2-26
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FLYINHASS Posted at 2-26 01:07
GOOD TO KNOW THANKS EVERYONE AND GOOD "dynamic" HIKING, DARTH ^^

Thank you!
2019-2-26