DJI Multilink - video feed or not video feed ?
2135 13 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

By reading the specs of the multilink, I read :
The slave controllers can wirelessly send commands to the aircraft through the master controller and receive images and video signals from the aircraft directly.

So I understand that if the distance between two remotes is more than 150m, the network will be unstable then broken, So the second operator won't be able to control anything. That's OK !
But will he be able to keep the video feed correctly ?????

DJI, please tell me !
2019-2-19
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No, as the encription runs trough the master rc
2019-2-19
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

Damned... So dissapointed
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi RikDingo, thanks for reaching out. Post # 2 is correct. The gimbal and camera control signal and video signal will depend on how far your slave RC from your master RC. It means, if your Slave RC reached 150m distance from your Master RC using multilink, you will lose both controls and live feed on your Slave RC. The connection pattern is just the same when you are connecting just the Master and Slave RC. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

Inspire 2.PNG
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RikDingo Posted at 2-19 09:26
Damned... So dissapointed

Hello RikDingo, I'm really sorry to read your frustration. Please refer on post# 4 and let me know if you have other questions. We're here to help, thanks!
2019-2-24
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-24 16:35
Hello RikDingo, I'm really sorry to read your frustration. Please refer on post# 4 and let me know if you have other questions. We're here to help, thanks!

Thank you, your answer is perfectly clear.
I'm still dissapointed !

If only there was a way to receive the video feed on a second remote (just the feed, no control at all), the inspire 2 would become the master for broadcasting solutions.Today, the only way to do that is by using a M600 with a connex (or another brand) transmitter plug into the can bus of the drone, but
- in France, the M600 can not be use in the city area
- The M600 does not handle a strong wind as the inspire does

2019-2-24
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you test the connex on the inspire remote?
2019-2-25
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

PH3KS Posted at 2-25 00:47
Did you test the connex on the inspire remote?

No. I made many research about the connex ground to ground. It seems to work when no obstacle at all, but you never can be sure that the line of sight will be clear all flight long. Of course a link from the drone to the ground would be more efficient.
2019-2-25
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You always have less range with ground to ground. Specifically on high frequent transmissions systems. Same for DJI. Try flying some distance with your inspire @ 1mtr from the ground.
Sorry but your only solution is sending the video feed from the transmitter. Maybe find some transmitter with lower frequencies.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RikDingo Posted at 2-24 23:42
Thank you, your answer is perfectly clear.
I'm still dissapointed !

You're most welcome and my apologies for the late response. Unfortunately, it is not applicable in Inspire 2 since the connection of the slave RC is relying on the Master RC. Meaning if you reached the maximum communication distance, you will loose both video and control signal. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-6
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi:
We tested the Multillink and found this:
Control Signal goes master-slave being able to extend the regular range

BUT video signal is drone-slave
That means that the cam op must always be LOS, wich does not always happen at least in our case

So there is no way to recieve control and video from master?

In our case that would be the ideal situación
I.e. happens all the time that the pilot is LOS but the cam op. can be behind a tree during during the drone path and in this case he would loose video signal. When we work for live broadcast, feeding video from the slave this is the last thing we want
2019-3-17
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-24 16:28
Hi RikDingo, thanks for reaching out. Post # 2 is correct. The gimbal and camera control signal and video signal will depend on how far your slave RC from your master RC. It means, if your Slave RC reached 150m distance from your Master RC using multilink, you will lose both controls and live feed on your Slave RC. The connection pattern is just the same when you are connecting just the Master and Slave RC. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

Sorry DJI Paladin but this is not true
Having "excellent" in Multilink, if the slave loose LOS the video link to the slave is broken. "Aircraft disconected" shows in the slave even when it is able to control the gimbal. Multilink uses a different signal path than just master-slave
2019-3-17
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

Airking Pilot Posted at 3-17 11:59
Hi:
We tested the Multillink and found this:
Control Signal goes master-slave being able to extend the regular range

Do you mean that if the distance between master and slave remote can is much more than 100 meters, the slave remote has the video signal (not control gimbal but video signal )  ?
2019-3-27
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

RikDingo Posted at 3-27 10:57
Do you mean that if the distance between master and slave remote can is much more than 100 meters, the slave remote has the video signal (not control gimbal but video signal )  ?

I cannot assure that. We tested the other situation. Master-slave in range. Drone out of LOS in slave: gimbal control but no video
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules