Floppy Antenna
1508 24 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

My remote is less than 2 months old and the antenna flops back to storage position. Is there a way that I can tighten this up or do I have to send it in?

2019-2-19
Use props
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Edward Smith's Replacement. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the antenna of your DJI Mavic Air. We do not recommend DIY to fix the antenna of your drone. It is best to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for you to open a ticket for the said device and for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-2-19
Use props
lvl.4
United States

OK I have to wait till my Phantom gets back from repair before I can send it in.  Thank You.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 2-19 08:43
OK I have to wait till my Phantom gets back from repair before I can send it in.  Thank You.

You are very much welcome Edward Smith's Replacement. If you have any other inquiries or concerns. Please free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-2-19
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

wait and see what the mods say, you might have to send it in.... bit of a pain but should not be loose.
2019-2-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

sadly that is something you will have to send in for repairs or replacement since it is still under warentee. trying to repair it yourself will void the warentee so not advisable.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2-19 13:32
sadly that is something you will have to send in for repairs or replacement since it is still under warentee. trying to repair it yourself will void the warentee so not advisable.

Hi, thanks for your additional friendly information. Certainly, the warranty will be voided if you try to fix the DJI products on our customer's end. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-20
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Well....Sent to Texas and am waiting for the assessment, sure hope I don't have to fight with them about it being a warranty coverage thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed...LOL
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_fLsmItd59eAm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279193 ft
Russia

https://youtu.be/_XgoJ_0Zcvk
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_fLsmItd59eAm
lvl.1
Russia

IMG_20190320_134119.jpg
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this image with us. For a friendly reminder, modification of the unit would void the warranty of your aircraft and remote controller. For further details, please refer to the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-4-5
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-19 08:37
Hello and good day Edward Smith's Replacement. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the antenna of your DJI Mavic Air. We do not recommend DIY to fix the antenna of your drone. It is best to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for you to open a ticket for the said device and for us to help you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

My remote has exactly the same problem.
The Air is out of warranty but has DJI Care. Is the floppy antena an issue that is covered?
2019-4-5
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-19 08:37

[view_image]

The Air is out of warranty but has DJI Care. Is the floppy antena an issue that is covered?
2019-4-5
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

The real fix is for slip washer esp on thread reversal. Its do'able. Just that teflon costing.
Funny prior fulcrumed rotate employed prior models dont experiences same?
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

nywrecker Posted at 4-5 19:05

Hello and good day nywrecker, I'm really sorry to hear that. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-7
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 4-4 08:35
Well....Sent to Texas and am waiting for the assessment, sure hope I don't have to fight with them about it being a warranty coverage thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed...LOL

UPDATE:

My RC has been repaired, replaced left antenna, and it was covered by warranty. It is on its way back to me, should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately, BLIZARD WARRNIG from noon today till noon tomorrow. What luck LOL.
2019-4-10
Use props
lvl.4
United States

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 4-10 09:49
UPDATE:

My RC has been repaired, replaced left antenna, and it was covered by warranty. It is on its way back to me, should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately, BLIZARD WARRNIG from noon today till noon tomorrow. What luck LOL.

I have too say I am a happy camper!  
I have a brand new RC! So I have to give DJI a big and a big thank you for making this a painless as possible
You Da .
2019-4-11
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 4-11 14:18
I have too say I am a happy camper!  
I have a brand new RC! So I have to give DJI a big  and a big thank you for making this a painless as possible
You Da .

How will you circumvent a deja vu?
2019-4-11
Use props
lvl.4
United States

cutis Posted at 4-11 16:25
How will you circumvent a deja vu?

The antenna was a little floppy when I bought it so I'm hoping that this new RC, that has good tight antennas, will last a long time.
2019-4-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

You should quit smoking.....
2019-4-11
Use props
lvl.4
United States

sh#! I already had to quit drinkin'   
2019-4-11
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Design turnaround:

Make it removeable like putaway joysticks?
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_fLsmItd59eAm
lvl.1
Russia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-185793-1-1.html?
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 4-11 18:08
The antenna was a little floppy when I bought it so I'm hoping that this new RC, that has good tight antennas, will last a long time.

Oh, ok, you invested lemon else injured?
2019-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules