841 8 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biophil
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,
I have a problem with my Phantom 4 pro

some pictures saved on the SD card have black stripes on it.
some photos are completely black.

Transmission is still good, what I see in my ipad is fine, problem is only on the photo record on the SD card.

the problem seems to be getting worse
at first it was a photo occasionally, now it's half of pictures.

anyone seen anything like that?

Thank you.

problem2

problem2

problem1

problem1
2019-2-19
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Possibly a problem with the Micro SD card in the drone.  Have you tried a different one?
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that as #2 reply, yes you may give a try to use a different SD card it should be at least class 10 or UHS-1/3 and to isolate the issue as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-19
Use props
biophil
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you for your answers.

I tested with others SD cards and I have the same problem.

I use SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC Class-10, UHS-1

my SD cards is also used in another regular Phantom 4, and I do not have this problem.
2019-2-19
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That is strange. It reminds me of old fashioned focal-plane shutter not working properly.
I'm sure the mechanical shutter of the P4P isn't focal-plane but still:
Was mechanical shutter activated when you took these shots?
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

biophil Posted at 2-19 10:47

Sorry to hear that. I'm trying to coordinate this to one of our developers to find out if it's a hardware or software issue. Once I have the feedback will reach back to you. Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there @biophil, I was able to get a response from our developer since as you mention the transmission is fine only the recorded on files has the issue. If that the case we recommend to send it into the facility for further checking of the issue. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support for you to have the guide on what you'll need to do. Best regards!
2019-2-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

biophil Posted at 2-19 10:47

You should be using a U3 for the p4p, thats primarily for 4k video, but still, i wouldnt use anything less in my p4p

It will work fine the P4 standard as it not a 4k camera, again, i think we may be only talking 4k side of things but perhaps Geebax can advise?
2019-2-20
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temps can effect mechanical movement.   You're in Canada,  what were the temps during this flight.

These are pictures, and not 4k video,  so U1/U3 not an issue.   Can you estimate how many pictures your camera has taken......could be mechanically worn out, topped with colder temps.......

If you've done alot of large mapping missions,  the pics add up quickly.....my partner and I split a 7 mile long area 1500ft wide.......the total picture count was 6700 pics,  3350 pics each.....that's just 1 day in about 5 hrs.

Randy
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules