APAS stuck with Sport mode settings (accelerates too fast)
1037 2 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toroh
lvl.1
United States

When I enable APAS on my Mavic 2 zoom, it becomes literally a BULLET, it starts accelerating and turning super fast. It's completely impossible to make smooth shots since it moves so much with the smallest input on the controller.

When I compared the dynamics  of "P mode + APAS" vs Sport Mode I realized that when you activate APAS, it starts using the same EXP/GAIN settings that Sport mode comes with by default. There is literally no difference in flight characteristics. A bullet in both configurations.

And NO, I haven't tried to see if APAS is able to avoid anything under such extreme configurations, I'm pretty sure it will smash it's face in the first obstacle it encounters.

Here's what I think is going on:

1) APAS has it's own EXP/GAIN settings and you cannot modify them       Related post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=166885&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D540%26typeid%3D540

2) There is a BUG during first use where the unique EXP/GAIN settings of APAS get written with Sport mode settings.

I tried these things, but nothing helped:
*) reflash firmware
*) reinstal dji go 4 app
*) Restore factory settings from DJI Assistant 2, (NOT DJI Assistant 2 mavic because the button is missing there)

Someone please help?, I contacted Support but from the looks of the first response I got, I doubt they'll be able help me at all. and I am NOT the only one with this problem, check the related thread, there's people with the same issue there too, and there was another thread with a guy with the same issue but i can't find it again.

2019-2-19
Use props
toroh
lvl.1
United States

bump, anyone help?
2019-2-21
Use props
jesterscourt
lvl.1

United States

mine does same thing....