Battery Charges
1916 22 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Just got two new batteries from DJI...dated 2018.10...I checked my other four batteries and  they have anywhere from 81 to 86 charges on them.  Just wonder how many charges you all have on your batteries???  Mine seem to be doing well and giving me the same flight time now as when new...mas o menos.  I have about 125 flights on each battery.

2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really appreciate you for being interested in using the DJI Product. Nice to hear that you are enjoying the product. I hope that you'll get the best information with regards to this inquiry from our valued DJI members and customer. If you have any question or concern don't hesitate to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

around 70 nothing too weird is happening
2019-2-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

So you doing short flights, sometimes?
Or the batt is counting only if 100% battery level got charged into?

quote:
-I checked my other four batteries and  they have anywhere from 81 to 86 charges on them.
I have about 125 flights on each battery
.-

I have now 4 with around 100 charges and pregnancy symtoms
2019-2-20
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

S-e-ven Posted at 2-20 04:47
So you doing short flights, sometimes?
Or the batt is counting only if 100% battery level got charged into?

could you post a pic of your battery with pregnancy symtoms ,doo you have issues connecting it to the spark ?
2019-2-20
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have to check with a direct connection throught he app but my log book says 140 charges for my #1 battery and still going strong from October 2017
2019-2-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Proteous Posted at 2-20 05:01
could you post a pic of your battery with pregnancy symtoms ,doo you have issues connecting it to the spark ?

of course:

Pic 1 and 2(vice versa) one "young" batt, 30 charges, one old with 106
Pic 3 and 4 two old batteries.

This is cold out of the storage, "pregnancy" is rising during usage
Batts still connecting, but looking to the fact that I saw it first time when I wanted to put a freshly charged battery in, and it felt a bit different,  I think the "spontanious baby belly" 's the reason for batteries dropping out, with the short latches.
I now fly with battery guards ;-)

And  when in use, the belly is fading the serial, step by step.
At least, my serials are bleaching, to close contact sliding or to warm?
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

2019-2-20
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 2-20 09:33
of course:

Pic 1 and 2(vice versa) one "young" batt, 30 charges, one old with 106
[Image]

Pretty strange because of DJI information that Spark's battery life is 200 cycles.
2019-2-20
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I've had three batteries since December 18. Today morning was 103'rd flight. I try to use them proportionally.
2019-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I have not had any issues with battery swelling. All four batteries have over 80 full charges. I only use the Fly More charging station or my Smatree SP90 portable.  Have you used anything like a car charger or something else???
2019-2-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-20 10:34
Pretty strange because of DJI information that Spark's battery life is 200 cycles.

Yep, but that info is for usage in 6 month battery warranty, isn't it?
More than 1 flight with one battery, a day.
Can be done, but who is doing such, charging in the bird, too.

Also DJI is "suggesting", to use the batt just to about 20-30%, isn't it?
Which will limit the "16 minutes" advertised flight time to just about 10ish, in real life.

I have to admit that I do not land the bird (often;-) with 20 or more % left in battery.
But I did on almost every batt, methinks, the one or the other flight down to single numbers, critical landing.

And 100 charges is 50 cent per flight, 2,5 US per h. I can live with that!

I see it this way:
I now have a couple of battery bodies to find the solution, how to fit 2000+ mAh safely under the Spark.
Just need to have some time, to get onto it and open one of 'em without damaging the attachment structures
2019-2-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Rustic17 Posted at 2-20 10:43
I have not had any issues with battery swelling. All four batteries have over 80 full charges. I only use the Fly More charging station or my Smatree SP90 portable.  Have you used anything like a car charger or something else???

nope, just the charging bay of the combo.
I tried just one time the bird-bay charging option.
On a hike and with a powerbank.

I may have stressed them a bit. And mine are 18 month old.
The (diss)advantage of a lot of batteries, aging ?

Edit:

And most of the usage was in 30ish° centigrade areas, with Sport and such

2019-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

Yes, I imagine the outside temp combined with internal temp from flying could cause the bulging.  It's not going to cool down as fast with that type of outside air temp.  Maybe a plastic baggy and a cooler to put the battery in to help it cool down faster...avoiding prolonged heat that might soften the plastic battery shell???
2019-2-20
Use props
vpe
New
United Kingdom

Hello, I have a problem with my Spark batteries. I haven’t used them for around six months. Now when I try to charge them, the battery indicators do not go up, they stay at two green points. On the app, I see that the charge is 22%. After a while it goes down even when the battery is plugged to charge. This happens for both batteries that I have. The firmware is up to date. Is there a way to find out if the problem is with the batteries, or the drone itself? Thanks.
2019-2-24
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

vpe Posted at 2-24 03:19
Hello, I have a problem with my Spark batteries. I haven’t used them for around six months. Now when I try to charge them, the battery indicators do not go up, they stay at two green points. On the app, I see that the charge is 22%. After a while it goes down even when the battery is plugged to charge. This happens for both batteries that I have. The firmware is up to date. Is there a way to find out if the problem is with the batteries, or the drone itself? Thanks.

What do you use to charge your battery? You should try with a wall plug with at least 1.5A. Or the 3 battery charger from DJI.
2019-2-24
Use props
vpe
New
United Kingdom

darkfull1 Posted at 2-24 13:26
What do you use to charge your battery? You should try with a wall plug with at least 1.5A. Or the 3 battery charger from DJI.

I've always used the wall plug with a USB cable and it worked fine. I wonder if the batteries can behave like this after they were not in use for 6 months, or there is some circuit problem in the drone itself, or something else.
2019-2-24
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

vpe Posted at 2-24 23:38
I've always used the wall plug with a USB cable and it worked fine. I wonder if the batteries can behave like this after they were not in use for 6 months, or there is some circuit problem in the drone itself, or something else.

You tried another cable or plug?
2019-2-25
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Mine have about 100 cycles +/- 10 each....
2019-2-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Hello, I have a problem with my Spark batteries. I haven’t used them for around six months. Now when I try to charge them, the battery indicators do not go up, they stay at two green points. On the app, I see that the charge is 22%. After a while it goes down even when the battery is plugged to charge. This happens for both batteries that I have. The firmware is up to date. Is there a way to find out if the problem is with the batteries, or the drone itself? Thanks.

The "not using 'em for 6 month" may have killed 'em.
DJI is suggesting to charge/decharge once every 3 month

Since you can't make it worse and since the warranty is gone, too, I'd try to decharge them totally.
And hope, that it will restore the charging ability
2019-2-25
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I agree with Seven
2019-2-25
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Hello, I have a problem with my Spark batteries. I haven’t used them for around six months. Now when I try to charge them, the battery indicators do not go up, they stay at two green points. On the app, I see that the charge is 22%. After a while it goes down even when the battery is plugged to charge. This happens for both batteries that I have. The firmware is up to date. Is there a way to find out if the problem is with the batteries, or the drone itself? Thanks.

They could be in hibernation leave it plugged in for a few hours
2019-2-25
Use props
vpe
New
Sweden

S-e-ven Posted at 2-25 07:47
The "not using 'em for 6 month" may have killed 'em.
DJI is suggesting to charge/decharge once every 3 month

Thanks! That actually worked. I discharged one of the batteries completely, then I plugged it to charge again, and this time the charge did start to go up. But it took 13 hours to fully charge the battery.  I still have to see how long it will last in actual flights.
2019-2-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Yep, I would do that with a hover in 2m height  over soft ground or such.
And a second charge/test, after that
It might be, that bird and App are need to recalculate the available battery time.
This way you might not get surprised with a "jump" from, lets say 50 to 10%, in 100m height.
;-)
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules