Am I the first one with 'BRAKING NOW! RETURN STICKS TO MIDPOINTS ...
758 3 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw my Smart Controller screen frequently jumped out a warning: BRAKING NOW! RETURN STICKS TO MIDPOINTS FIRST, even I fly my M2P over an open space with altitude 50-110m without any obstacle or facing sun ray. When I return the stick to midpoint, it flies normally. I also noticed that this phenomenon appears more likely when the stick toward the front left or right, not happens on revise directions.

I cleaned all sensors, and re-calibrated the sticks and wheels, thing doesn’t change at all.

Does anyone face the same warning? What are the reasons and how to avoid?

Thanks

2019-2-19
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

I have had this happen several times. Most of the time I was flying around sunset time going into the sun. I suspect sensor got confused with light and thought there was an obstacle and started braking.
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

AForceOne Posted at 2-19 20:56
I have had this happen several times. Most of the time I was flying around sunset time going into the sun. I suspect sensor got confused with light and thought there was an obstacle and started braking.

If that's the situation, it will not happen theoritically if we turn off all the obstacle sensors, right?
2019-2-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2-19 21:00
If that's the situation, it will not happen theoritically if we turn off all the obstacle sensors, right?

that is corrct - if sensors are off then light or what ever should not be able to confuse the sensors - if it is happening with sensors off then you have a problem that dji may need to help with fixing
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules