6118 11 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Has anyone else had an issue with the outer glass covering the lens?  I’ve been extremely careful with the device, and when looking at the glass the other day I noticed a scratch. I have no idea how this could have happened.  No drops, always put back in the case, not had to wipe any fingerprints etc off.  

It looks like it would be easy enough to replace the glass - although I’m guessing DJI won’t supply the glass to do it myself?  I have emailed support requesting confirmation of this, and also what the cost implications are for DJI to do it.  

Have any of our drone users experienced similar situations to this, or has anyone replaced the glass themselves on a pocket?  Does anyone know where to source a replacement glass?

Thanks in advance guys and girls.
2019-2-20
Use props
jedp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On my OP and Mavic Pro, first thing I did was put a screen protector on (i'm OCD I do this for every camera I own) - It does not help you as you have the scratch already.. but they are sensitive devices.... no spare parts yet. Go to AliExpress.com and check regularly, they are first to get spare parts Then eBay
2019-2-20
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yep, hindsight is a wonderful thing, although I don’t think a protector would do the image quality much good.  Once is get it sorted I’ll probably leave a good quality filter on it to protect.  
2019-2-20
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

South Korea

Some times it looks like a scratch but actually it is reflection cause by dirt, I've seem scratch like reflection on my pocket and after I clean it with alcohol it disapeared, are you sure it is scratch? The lens is made of glass and it won't be easy to cratch unless you put a knife on it.
2019-2-20
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cool h Posted at 2-20 06:27
Some times it looks like a scratch but actually it is reflection cause by dirt, I've seem scratch like reflection on my pocket and after I clean it with alcohol it disapeared, are you sure it is scratch? The lens is made of glass and it won't be easy to cratch unless you put a knife on it.

Yes, I’m sure.  Nothings happened that I can think of to cause this.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that if you are planning to replace the glass if ever. Unfortunately, we do not suggest to do that since, by self-fixing it, it may void the warranty. If ever the scratch is noticeable and affecting the performance or quality of the camera, it would be better to send it into the facility for further checking. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support then contact one of our support channels, in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-20
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 13:15
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that if you are planning to replace the glass if ever. Unfortunately, we do not suggest to do that since, by self-fixing it, it may void the warranty. If ever the scratch is noticeable and affecting the performance or quality of the camera, it would be better to send it into the facility for further checking. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support then contact one of our support channels, in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your reply.  I have already contacted support for an indication of costs.  It’s a case of economics. If I’m going to be charged £100 plus to fix, it may be worth doing it myself for a fraction of the cost.  I shall wait and see what figures rhey come back with.
2019-2-20
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 13:15
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that if you are planning to replace the glass if ever. Unfortunately, we do not suggest to do that since, by self-fixing it, it may void the warranty. If ever the scratch is noticeable and affecting the performance or quality of the camera, it would be better to send it into the facility for further checking. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support then contact one of our support channels, in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your reply.  I have already contacted support for an indication of costs.  It’s a case of economics. If I’m going to be charged £100 plus to fix, it may be worth doing it myself for a fraction of the cost.  I shall wait and see what figures rhey come back with.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

urbanweb Posted at 2-20 14:06

Ok, I see. I understand about that. If ever you have a question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

hi friend, I just posted a different thread, I've realized a few small scratches on my OP. They are probably created by the fact that the lens cover is either plastic or very soft (bad) quality glass and in my case, the use of ND filters with (sharp?) edges.
2019-2-22
Use props
Manfred Gaspar
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Yes I also made expirience with scratches on front class of lens. As well I handelt the unit with all care I do not how this could occur. But I used the PolorPro ND Filters sotored togheter in the orininal Cover. It seems to me that some presure torewards the filter in finaly agains the class could be the reason. Dji Support offerd me send it in for invetigation.
Also PolarPro was anwering to me, make sure to clean Filter carefully before putting on the lens.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJIMAVIC2BENITO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4997 ft
Spain

Manfred Gaspar Posted at 3-16 04:59
Yes I also made expirience with scratches on front class of lens. As well I handelt the unit with all care I do not how this could occur. But I used the PolorPro ND Filters sotored togheter in the orininal Cover. It seems to me that some presure torewards the filter in finaly agains the class could be the reason. Dji Support offerd me send it in for invetigation.
Also PolarPro was anwering to me, make sure to clean Filter carefully before putting on the lens.

Hello i have the same problem,The system to fix the nd filters is magntic,And i think it is the problem.they scratch the sreen of the osmopocket.My filters are freewell
there is no solution,because i bought a screen protector ,i put it on the screen to avoid the new scratchs and the flters nd don´t have enougth magnetic to fix the filters ,and they fall down.
So, there is one possibility, clean the filters very well or no use them.
2019-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules