Worth updating software?
698 5 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Still running version 4.3.10 as it seems updates since have not included the air? Any benefits of I update? Flights have been hit and miss with issues but not really had ideal conditions to test and fly it much to be sure. Didn't know if updating could or would make much difference
Thanks
2019-2-20
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

I always update and have never had any issues
2019-2-20
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

always update without any problem.
2019-2-20
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

As a Mavic user we have no choice but to update, otherwise there's no flying. - Not a good situation.

Having said that, DJI usually implement new features and bug fixes so I would update regularly anyhow but I'd wish we can do this at a time convenient to us, perhaps with a two week time window after which the update is pushed.

2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The new version of the app for Android devices has a new feature that supports flight route planning, enabling users to set flight routes on the map and perform automatic flights for Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro. However, this update optimized the stability of the Editor that would be applied to your application. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

2019-2-20
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 10:16
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The new version of the app for Android devices has a new feature that supports flight route planning, enabling users to set flight routes on the map and perform automatic flights for Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 Pro. However, this update optimized the stability of the Editor that would be applied to your application. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

So does that mean there is a specific update included for the Mavic air? It all seems to relate to the newer drones. Just seem to never end up with an app that runs smoothly, just got used to how it performs and didn't think there has been anything added to improve the MA for ages now.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules