Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EU Zero-Rating VAT Change for Irish customers
1567 4 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StephenK
lvl.1

Ireland

Received email on EU Zero Rating VAT that stated "Due to uncertainties regarding the future status of the United Kingdom in the European Union, from today, EU Zero-Rating VAT applications submitted by customers residing in the Republic of Ireland will no longer be processed. Furthermore, all previously verified records will be invalid from 15:59 am on 27 February 2019. If you wish to purchase under this programme, we recommend you place the order before 15:59 am on 27 February 2019"

What has the the UK leaving the EU got to do with the Republic of Ireland?

Ireland a separate sovereign state, which is remaining with the EU, therefore intra EU VAT rules still apply to us, the actions of a third county  have nothing to do with us

Can someone with decision making power in DJU can please comment this

2019-2-20
Use props
NPES
New

Ireland

If this is true it is extremely insulting.  Totally illogical for a start. A logical explanation for this nonsense from DJI would be warranted.  
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_XXMbnxxNOrmS
New

Ireland

Just came across this forum from a search after being brought to a page that EU Zero Rating VAT was not available in my region (Ireland), where the terms say that it is available in the EU with the exception of the UK and Netherlands. I've sent an email to eu.vat@dji.com and hope to get a reply from them in relation to this issue as I will certainly be reconsidering my choice of purchase if my nationality is not being recognised correctly. It's quite worrying that no one from DJI has taken the time to reply to this thread.
2020-7-11
Use props
djiuser_qeh9cIrX89tp
New

Ireland

djiuser_XXMbnxxNOrmS Posted at 7-11 20:04
Just came across this forum from a search after being brought to a page that EU Zero Rating VAT was not available in my region (Ireland), where the terms say that it is available in the EU with the exception of the UK and Netherlands. I've sent an email to  and hope to get a reply from them in relation to this issue as I will certainly be reconsidering my choice of purchase if my nationality is not being recognised correctly. It's quite worrying that no one from DJI has taken the time to reply to this thread.

You get a response on this?
2020-11-11
Use props
Steve.M
New

Ireland

I have just sent an email to eu.vat@dji.com too. Has anyone had any updates from DJI as to why they are treating the Republic of Ireland as part of the United Kingdom. Does nobody working for DJI know that they are two separate countries, one that has left the EU, the United Kingdom, and the other, the Republic of Ireland, that is still very much part of the EU?
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules