359 5 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeWS
New
Flight distance : 226165 ft
Germany

Hi everybody,
I found a small scratch on the lense of my Mavic Air. It is not deep - I can see it only with light in my back.
Does anyone know, which kind of material this is made of? And has anyone some advice how to get something like this fixed?

Kind regards.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this problem with your aircraft. I would like to clarify if this scratch does affect your video recording?  Did you manage to wipe it with a non-dust cloth to see if it will remain? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-20
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Do you have DJI Refresh?If you do, then decide if it affects video quality. If it does, then the best thing to do is send it in. You can do self repair, but for inexperienced people it can go wrong. If you don't, pay for a repair or risk the repair yourself.
2019-2-20
Use props
MikeWS
New
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 14:18
Hi, we're sorry to know about this problem with your aircraft. I would like to clarify if this scratch does affect your video recording?  Did you manage to wipe it with a non-dust cloth to see if it will remain? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

I think, I am lucky because I can not see bad effects on the latest videos. But they are short and it was already getting dark outside when I made them.
I wiped the lense with a cloth I also use for my glases. The scratch is still there :-(
Upcomming weekend, I will take some more and longer videos to clarify. After that, I will report here again.
I was just interested, whether this is a known issue for anyone outside...
2019-2-20
Use props
MikeWS
New
Germany

J AV10 Posted at 2-20 14:29
Do you have DJI Refresh?If you do, then decide if it affects video quality. If it does, then the best thing to do is send it in. You can do self repair, but for inexperienced people it can go wrong. If you don't, pay for a repair or risk the repair yourself.

I don't have DJI Refresh :-(
But as written in another reply, I am hoping, that the scratch does not affect the videos taken...

Thx!
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MikeWS Posted at 2-20 15:17
I think, I am lucky because I can not see bad effects on the latest videos. But they are short and it was already getting dark outside when I made them.
I wiped the lense with a cloth I also use for my glases. The scratch is still there :-(
Upcomming weekend, I will take some more and longer videos to clarify. After that, I will report here again.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. If this scratch will affect your video recording then I'm afraid that we have to send the unit to our repair facility for further evaluation. You may contact our support using the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules