How to Seek Help from DJI Customer Service
6252 26 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonatan.C.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Though Mavic 2 pro has more obstacle avoidance sensors, far better stability and longer flight time than any other DJI drones, it’s still not hard at all for one to crash it, especially for new pilots or those who don’t fly with brains.

I crashed my mavic 2 pro last week. My M2p crashed at the University of Sydney, attacked by the most horrible bird in Australia, called the "magpie". This is undeniably the most bizarre crash scene I’ve ever been through and I was cursing the bird for hours afterwards.

When I was a new pilot, I also had my old Mavic pro crashed once.So there are probably thousands of ways to have your drones damaged, be it your own fault or other unexpected incidents. For different damage scenarios, you can check this out, it'll tell you what to do!

After numerous crash scenes, I’ve summarized the following must-know tips when dealing with DJI customer service following a crash or other incidents. I hope these tips may help you! Or you can check this out for detailed instructions.

· How to Contact DJI After Sales Team

Once you’ve retrieved your drone from its painful episode you may directly log into the DJI website, and head to DJI online repair page. If you still have doubts about your drone, then you’ll need to seek someProduct Supportfrom DJI customer service team. So how and when can you contact them? Here I’ll tell you how DJI customer service works and how you can draw their attention in the right time.

Email     Recommend: ☆☆☆
< Support@dji.com >

If your drone is severely damaged, and you’ll need to elaborate on the details, or you think this incident is not caused by pilot error. This will be the best option to start.
The dji email group seems to be a 24 hour support service. Generally, when you send them an email for the first time, they will respond like right away, but the follow-up emails will be much longer.

Online Support     Recommend: ☆☆☆☆

Here dji support team provides live chat support. As far as I’m concerned, this is the most efficient way to get in touch with them. And on this channel, they handle almost all the product (some channels only provide with the service of certain products) and they respond within minutes.

Tel     Recommend: ☆☆☆

This is probably the fastest and most efficient way to contact DJI Support, but what sucks is, they don’t seem to be native English Speakers. Sometimes they don’t understand what you are saying or omit some important points. If you are in bad luck, they’ll promise you that they’ll call back in 24-48 hrs, but it’ll probably take forever for them to get back to you. But most of the time, they'll solve your problem real quick.

Below is the list of their regional phone number in case you’ll need it:

1.jpg
Regional No. and Service Time

DJI Forum     Recommend: ☆☆☆☆

The best thing about DJI Forum is that there will be many experienced pilots to help you out. They’ll help you to analyze the incident, and sometimes they’ll answer your doubts faster than dji administrators. But there are like 7-8 administrators from DJI support team working 24 hrs on it. So rest assured that all of your doubts will be answered there.

Facebook    Recommend: ☆☆☆

Dji after sales team also provide service on Facebook Messenger. I have to say, comparing to other tech companies, their response time is extremely quick. However, on this channel they can only answer questions of consumer drones. When it comes to proline products, they’ll just direct you to other channels, so it’ll somehow waste your time.
And most importantly, their work time is:

PST 15:00- 8:00.
United States18:00 - 11:00
Australia10:00- 3:00
United Kingdom23:00- 14:00
So don't forget to contact them in the right time.

Youtube      Recommend: ☆☆☆

Yes, they’ll solve your problems on Youtube also. Even if you don't leave a message under their official videos, they may search for some key questions and help clear your doubts.

· Choose The Right Way For Repair

Actually, Dji customer service also provides you diversified options for the repair service. Here are the details for each option and corresponding tips.

If your drone was partly damaged or totally crashed, and there is no repair point near you, then you usually need to send it back to DJI for repair. They have warehouses and maintenance points in various locations around the world. Usually after you have applied to send your drone in, you'll receive a shipping label authorized by dji through email, then all you have to do is to mail your broken drone (usually dji will pay for the entire shipping fee).

The whole procedure is:

1) Request Service: Describe the product's issue and provide your information. A service case will be generated automatically for you.
2) Send Your Product: You will receive details for shipping the product to us based on your region.
3) Assessment and Repair: The DJI After Sales team will assess your product and send you a quotation. The repair process for your product will begin after you've made the payment.
4) Receive Your Product: The DJI Service Center will send the repaired or replacement product to your address.

If you have purchased DJI Care Refresh, and DJI care refresh express is available in your region, then the damage assessment and quotation are not required.

2.jpg

There are a few things to BE AWARE OF during your repair process, and you may be able to avoid some troubles after reading these tips:

•  Double check your RECEIVING ADDRESS. When dji sends your drone back, if the address is incorrect, you need to contact their customer service team to change the address, but this will be very troublesome according to my experience.

•  Do not mail back your battery. If it’s a warranty case, and your battery is broken, you don’t have to mail your battery back, unless you think is malfunctioning. Just take a photo, show it to DJI support stuff and they’ll mail you a new one.Because DJI WON'T REPAIR THE BATTERIES.

•  Take out your SD card.

•  Estimate the arrival time of the courier. The maintenance department of DJI does not accept the units on weekends. If your drone arrives on Saturday, you will have to wait until Monday to start queuing for damage repair.

•  Fill in more details about the incident on the Request Page. The more details you provide, the less time Dji after sales team will spend on data analysis.

•  Provide a video of the incident. On the dji official repair submission page, there will be an option to "provide a video of your product’s accident ", which will help the DJI Support folks solve your problem more quickly. Therefore, it is better to keep the habit of recording when hovering in the air, because you do not know what will happen at any time.

3.png

•   Don’t vent your frustrations with the customer service guy. You are requiring to repair the machine, not to vent your angers.

DJI has authorized services centers in over 100 countries, you can pick the service center closest to you. If you find a repair center nearby and you don't want to mail it to a remote DJI warehouse, the nearest repair center would be a good choice. You can choose whether or not the damage is a manufacturing defect or pilot error, remove the microSD card, pack up the drone, and send it to the DJI Service suggested to you. Once the technicians get a hold of your drone though, they email you a detailed record of what an idiot you've been and the exact events of the accident.You can also check the price of the accessories on DJI official website. This article may have more details about DJI Repair Service Center.

DJI has five flagship stores around the world. In most of the regions, you can only make reservations for fast repair and quick change services in Hong Kong flagship stores. If it is convenient for your to go to flagship store, the quick repair service is the best choice, because they’ll mostly replace your drone instead of fixing it. That is to say, you’ll have a great chance to have a new drone. What’s more, they’ll usually give you an extra 3 months of warranty. You may find more details through this article.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing the tips on how to get started to contact one of the support channels. And thank you for the feedback for each support, your satisfaction really means to us. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-21
Use props
fans90220354
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Great! It really helps me a lot.
2019-2-22
Use props
Techdoughboy
lvl.1

This post has been long needed for a new pilot like me! It's very helpful. Thanks
2019-2-24
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

it is very clear instruction, thanks for sharing
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, this should help steer those with problems in the right direction
2019-2-25
Use props
apkwebs
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Great, love your whole article and it is very clear instruction, thanks for sharing
2019-2-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

The information that you always think you don't need, but one day...
Thanks for the clear and efficient route that one in trouble can follow.
2019-2-25
Use props
aidenjames
New

India

It's really great. . .
2019-2-25
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative thread. I like how you rate each medium with stars, well done!
2019-2-25
Use props
Jackie Beck
lvl.1

United States

Nice post! Thanks for the instruction and tips.
2019-2-25
Use props
spidersilver007
lvl.1

United States

I had called them once, and some dji support staff named Liam answered it.   He has an accent of Philipines maybe? But the service was good, He was patient and answered all my questions.
2019-2-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great information! Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-27
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Nice to read! Thanks so much for your efforts!
2019-2-27
Use props
djiuser_oMODVg08AYNS
New

Germany

I would like to buy a Ronin S Gimbal to use it with Canon 5D Mark II. When this compatibility will be given? Start and Stop Recording and Focus with the Ronin S. Thank you
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_oMODVg08AYNS Posted at 2-28 07:44
I would like to buy a Ronin S Gimbal to use it with Canon 5D Mark II. When this compatibility will be given? Start and Stop Recording and Focus with the Ronin S. Thank you

Thanks for your attention. I'm sorry that there is no estimated date for now, our engineers will keep testing more cameras and the list is being updated continuously.
2019-2-28
Use props
fans11c2feac
lvl.1
Philippines

I can’t calibrate my forward vision sensor for my mavic pro because its asking me to reboot aircraft. What should i do? Thank you
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans11c2feac Posted at 3-1 21:57
I can’t calibrate my forward vision sensor for my mavic pro because its asking me to reboot aircraft. What should i do? Thank you

Hi there, make sure you download the correct version from the corresponding product page, then reboot the aircraft, calibrate the vision sensor again to see whether it helps.
2019-3-2
Use props
fans11c2feac
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 3-2 23:05
Hi there, make sure you download the correct version from the corresponding product page, then reboot the aircraft, calibrate the vision sensor again to see whether it helps.

hi there, thank you vedery much and it works! my other concern is the nfz limit on my remote controller. i fly my aircraft on a farm with no buildings or airports or any obstructions around. how do i take it off my controller? if i fly far the red light on the aircraft appears, if i fly a little high the red light on the aircraft blinks.  thank you
2019-3-4
Use props
fans11c2feac
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 3-2 23:05

hi there, thank you very much and it works! my other concern is the nfz limit on my remote controller. i fly my aircraft on a farm with no buildings or airports or any obstructions around. how do i take it off my controller? if i fly far the red light on the aircraft appears, if i fly a little high the red light on the aircraft blinks.  thank you
2019-3-4
Use props
humla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871201 ft
Sweden

Strange when i was looking for parts to my kontroller it was so difficult find it so finally i put together all pieces with glue, and i learn somthing more about DJI products ,plastic parts are very weak.
2019-3-4
Use props
humla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871201 ft
Sweden

Strange when i was looking for parts to my kontroller it was so difficult find it so finally i put together all pieces with glue, and i learn somthing more about DJI products ,plastic parts are very weak.
2019-3-4
Use props
Jair Fonseca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2382 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans11c2feac Posted at 3-4 03:54
hi there, thank you very much and it works! my other concern is the nfz limit on my remote controller. i fly my aircraft on a farm with no buildings or airports or any obstructions around. how do i take it off my controller? if i fly far the red light on the aircraft appears, if i fly a little high the red light on the aircraft blinks.  thank you

Hi there, please kindly check the GEO map and see if you are in NFZ: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
Alternatively, you may change to another open field to verify.
2019-3-5
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Thanks for posting this information and I must say the MELBOURNE store in Australia are very helpful.
2019-3-5
Use props
DHr31
New

Philippines

Hi i have a problem with the DJI Win driver here is an error im in a windows 8.1 need your help asap
2019-3-6
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

This also a good instruction for getting your drones handled by dji support
https://phantompilots.com/threads/quickest-way-to-get-you-crashed-drone-handled-by-dji-support.142792/
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules