Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Settings to maximize battery for distance
660 7 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

I’m in Hawaii and two days ago I flew my Mavic 2 Zoom  5 miles out off the coast and back with 18% battery remaining. I’m not trying to push it any further than that but was wondering if there are any settings that help at all to maximize battery life. For example, I turned off  the Head LEDs. What’s the difference between HD mode and Normal Mode for Image Transmission Settings? I did not disable all APAS sensors on that flight, so I assume I should do that too. Can you think of anything else or is that really it?

Thanks,

-Scott
2019-2-20
Use props
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

This is the photo from 5 miles out. I didn’t get the exposure right since I was kind of in a hurry to start the flight home.
2019-2-20
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Lucky you. Here in Europe most would be happy to be able to fly 3 miles with the restricted power output imposed by regulations.

Mind, I'd be scared shxxless to fly my drone 5 miles out over water!
2019-2-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Something else to consider might be the speed of the Mavic, there appear to be optimum speeds for different requirements. From the Mavic 2 Spec':-

Max Flight Time (no wind)                  31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph; 15.53 mph)
Max Hovering Time (no wind)            29 minutes
Max Flight Distance (no wind)            18 km (at a consistent 50 kph; 31.07 mph)
2019-2-21
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

The usual thing to do is stripping the aircraft of any unnecessary ballast ...

Who needs motor covers, a front cover, rear legs, LED's?

Whilst at it, do you really want those sensors?

Take it off, cut away.

You will be amazed
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we don't have settings to extend the flight time of your aircraft, however, the maximum flight time of the Mavic 2 Zoom is 31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph) and it would still depend on how you will use the aircraft. The image transmission quality can be selected:
In Normal Mode, the image transmission quality is 5M;
In HD Mode, the image transmission quality is 10M;
The quality of image transmission changes dynamically because the bitstream varies with the wireless signal, which changes all the time. Hope that this would clarify your queries. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-21
Use props
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-21 03:16
The usual thing to do is stripping the aircraft of any unnecessary ballast ...

Who needs motor covers, a front cover, rear legs, LED's?

Why do people post crap answers like suggesting you destroy parts of your drone? Are these the same people who like hearing themselves talk?
2019-2-21
Use props
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

Speaking of 15.5 mph being the most efficient flying speed, is there a way to set the maximum speed to 15.5 mph?

Thanks,

-Scott
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules