Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Altitude information on EXIF
3717 2 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil45-FR
New
Flight distance : 30610 ft

France

Hello All,
On picture I take before take-off, exif shows 49m.
On picture I take at around 64 m (according to controler) exif shows 113.7m
Therefore the difference seems correct. However, at the location, the real altitude is not 49 but 98m above sea.
Does someone know how to get preferently 0m at take-off (or at least 98m) and preferred 64m (or 162m) ?
Is there a calibration possible ?
As information, GPS coordinates are correct. IMU and compass calibration done.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Phil45-FR, the altitude in the photo properties is the absolute altitude relative to sea level. The altitude displayed in DJI GO is relative altitude relative to the homepoint.
1. The altitude information in the photo is the altitude information obtained by the fusion of sensor data such as barometer, ultrasound, vision, GPS (when the signal is good), different from the actual GPS altitude information. Therefore, according to the GPS latitude and longitude in the photo information, the actual altitude is different from the altitude information in the photo, even a negative value may occur, which is normal.
2. The altitude information in the photo needs to be calculated according to the value of the barometer. The characteristic of the barometer is that the relative error is small, but the absolute error will vary in the range of ±30M, which is greatly affected by the ambient temperature. If the flight is in different environments, the difference value between the altitude in photo information and the actual altitude will also be different.
2019-2-21
Use props
Phil45-FR
New
Flight distance : 30610 ft

France

Hello Mindy, Thanks for your answer.
Therefore, I understand there is no way to get valuable altitude information on the pictures exif ?
Is it the right way to modify the Exif with data from the DJI Do flight log ?
Many thanks for your help.
Phil.
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules